need help from 203 drivers

My boat was totaled in a tornado and I'm looking at a nice 203 on Craigslist in Springfield Missouri. Haven't contacted seller because I'm waiting on a check from insurance so I can pull the trigger with cash in hand. Just doing a little scouting. This boat is sitting on a single axel trailer. Is that ok? The ad says wide body champ. Isn't that a mt home boat? Thought the beam forward came in Tennessee. Had 2 champs that I loved and looking for another. At my age I need a dry good riding boat. However I got spoiled to how my ranger fished with the trolling motor down. So looking for a compromise. Both my champs were 18 foot skinny mt home boats that rode amazing! But they weren't as flat at rest. Is a 2000 model 203 a stable platform while fishing is my question. Thanks
    04 Ranger 520VX
    17 Mercury 225 Pro XS

The one in Nixa? It's not a wide body. Single axle should be fine. Most likely a special order or "contender" model which is the same rig but less gadgets. From the pictures it looks like a nice rig. There's wiggle room on the price most likely.

3. Pat Goff
    There was never a 203 contender. Some people liked a single axle to wiggle the trailer in a garage.

Now “fishability” is completely in the eye of the beholder. If you like fishing on the pier than it won’t compare to a big bloated slug hull.

If you’d rather have a quick response on the troll motor or staying out on that main lake point long after the waves chased everyone else away then you’ll love it.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

^ Was of aware of that.

5. Member
    I just hope it's still available or one like it when I get the insurance check. I sure miss the pillow soft ride, turning on a dime, and getting to my spot dry. Im getting enough out of my lead sled to get back into a nice champ.
    04 Ranger 520VX
    17 Mercury 225 Pro XS

6. Member
    Find u 2007 champ in a 183 wide body and u will love it