transducer mounting

Has anyone changed the transducer out from factory installed. I have the elite 9ti and gonna hook the total scan Ducer up. Would I be better off leaving the factory installed one alone since its epoxied thru a hole in hull, and run the total scan out the black tube to the jackplate being installed (the transducer shield saver mount is pricey but valuable from past ones.)

Or since I assume the total scan might mount on the same holes as other, mount it there for ease and cost (if its easy to resilicone that hole as its got a lot ).

Sorry Im a bird guy and no experience with Lowrance (so far not fan of the elites but giving them a chance), they will Get sold soon enough I'm sure once I have poles and such added.

Main question, maybe SClark can chime in. Best way to mount the total scan ducer on a Vexus.
    Jeremy
    Texas A&M \'99

2. Member
    On my Elite ti you can only hook up one transducer. So, if you want the Totalscan options you'll need to hook it up. If you just want 2d leave your factory transducer. Just my .02

3. Member
    Trying to decide if I should just leave factory transducer thru hull and not remove since I’m think I’ll be better off with transducer shield and saver since the unit is so big. My lake stump fields will not be nice to that sticking out like that. The birds were smaller but still would get broken hanging of the back suppose I’ll leave the factory installed alone for looks and come out the hose and mount to jackplate.
    Jeremy
    Texas A&M \'99