Chick in April....

Dad and I were thinking about going down and giving it a try in April, but we've never been there. Anyone have any tips that they'd share. Which end of the lake, water temps that time of year, and any suggestions on a decent place to stay for a couple of nights. Any help would be appreciated!
    Y'all be careful out there and don't catch'em all!

I would suggest Dayton. Fish Dayton website has a link to accommodations. Blue Water or Sleep Inn, which has power on the parking lot. It is central, and good fishing. April may be spawn time, temps low to mid 60's. Check Chattanooga fishing forum for reports.

3. Member
    Oh ok. I was looking at blue water, the reviews are good. Sounds good thank you for the info. Now just to check and see if I can find a weekend without a BIG tournament.

4. robdy72
    Quote Originally Posted by East TN.Hunt-n-Fish View Post
    Oh ok. I was looking at blue water, the reviews are good. Sounds good thank you for the info. Now just to check and see if I can find a weekend without a BIG tournament.
    Good luck with that.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by robdy72 View Post
    Good luck with that.
    x2. In April, the lake will be packed.

6. Member
    Put us down on the list that wants to find a nice place to stay on the Chick. We typically go (to any lake) for 5~7 days, but do NOT want to stay in a hotel/motel. We prefer a house, with a private dock. Anyone have any ideas along those lines? Anytime from April~June works for us, just as long as school isn't out yet.
    Later,

Dixie Chicken

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    x2. In April, the lake will be packed.
    That's kinda what I expect, but I'm hoping that it's a good time of year to get down there

8. Member
    I think May into early June is the best time for the chick (April can be good). Fish will be in all stages of the spawn and that helps to spread the pressure out on the lake. While I live here, and have never stayed at either Sleep Inn or Blue Water, I have heard great things about both. If you want to rent a house, both Airbnb and HomeAway are great options, with the appropriate research.

9. Member
    stayed at bluewater several times...nice place and has a private boat ramp only for people staying there which is never that many
    they also built a new cabin that sleep 8
    the other cabins sleep 4 and al have a fold out couch for a 5th person

10. Member
    Very good. Thanks for all the input guys!!!