Thread: Duappointed...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Disappointed...

I went to the Houston boat show on Saturday and looked at the Vexus boats they had on display... I all but crawled in the 2080 and was hoping a Vexus rep would come talk to me about the boat, I was very impressed and had some questions I would have liked to have had them answer and show me a little more of the boat. There was a salesman from the dealer that was there and working on a sale, so I didn’t expect him to break away, but the 2 Vexus reps were standing around talking to each other and I was never acknowledged... I walked away disappointed about that, even though the boats were very impressive. Maybe at the next boat show they will have some more attentive company reps that won’t ignore potential customers.
    Last edited by rcraigrrt; 01-13-2019 at 01:11 AM. Reason: Spelling

2. Member
    As a buyer, that would make me extremely happy. I dont want shopping for a boat to be like shopping for a car and get bombarded as soon as I pull in the lot.

3. Member
    Yeah probably should have walked over and told them you had a question. Good chance they leave people alone and let them look the boats over on their own.
    2009 Triton 18x3 Pro

4. Member
    You were probably the 10,000 guy to fondle that boat. I am sure they get tired of answering questions about the boats from a bunch of tire kickers. They know if you are really interested or had questions you would seek them out.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FLAbassin View Post
    Yeah probably should have walked over and told them you had a question. Good chance they leave people alone and let them look the boats over on their own.
    I agree

You should he disappointed in yourself for not waiving the guy over or walking up and asking the question. Thousands of people walk through the booth, look at the boats and keep going. They are there to answer your questions and the only way they are going to know you have a question, is for YOU to let them know. I treasure sales people that let me have the time to investigate and formulate my questions while looking over the product. I hate the sales person that stands at the door and wrecks your experience the second u walk in
    Ranger R81VS, Mercury 175EFI w/ 25 Tempest

7. Member
    With a tons of people looking, it’s best to just let people look and not bother them. Now if you went up and asked for some help and you received none then that would be different

8. Member
    As someone who worked shows in the past, I would have acknowledged you and said if there are any questions or anything I can help you with, just ask. It’s common courtesy. It goes a long way. Simple acknowledgment, and then space to look freely. Of course 99% are not actually shopping, but you’ll let the one guy that is slip away feeling disrespected, or not taken seriously. Poor salesman/ sponsored reps in my opinion.

9. Member
    I understand everyone has there own opinion on how they like to be treated in this matter and know that they aren’t going to make everyone happy. 5 Bass Assassin said it best... I would have expected the company reps to acknowledge me, not be given a sales pitch or pressured for a sale. That’s all I’m saying. I would have though that someone looking at the bottom of the hill, knocking on it in different places, looking it over front to back and in every compartment would get a company reps attention, but it didn’t. I’m not mad about it, just disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by 5 BASS ASSASIN View Post
    As someone who worked shows in the past, I would have acknowledged you and said if there are any questions or anything I can help you with, just ask. It’s common courtesy. It goes a long way. Simple acknowledgment, and then space to look freely. Of course 99% are not actually shopping, but you’ll let the one guy that is slip away feeling disrespected, or not taken seriously. Poor salesman/ sponsored reps in my opinion.
    Absolutely!
    Glad to see you point this out and honestly shocked at some of the comments made beforehand.

11. Member
    Not a Venus owner (yet) but been a Ranger guy my whole life and I assure you that Keith and Randy are all about customer service. Call Flippen and I assure you that whoever answers the phone will be more than happy to answer any questions you have.

That is how those guys roll...

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by alanhore View Post
    I am sure they get tired of answering questions about the boats from a bunch of tire kickers.
    Isn't it their job to answer question??? Always thought there are no stupid questions... Especially about a new start-up... Maybe they should have post a 1-800 number and save a few bucks having factory reps fly around the country just to talk to each other... Dan

Quote Originally Posted by 5 BASS ASSASIN View Post
    This!!

Quote Originally Posted by Duece22 View Post
    As a buyer, that would make me extremely happy. I dont want shopping for a boat to be like shopping for a car and get bombarded as soon as I pull in the lot.
    Exactly! Honestly you can learn about everything there is to know about a boat online.

15. Member
    I’ve helped a local dealer a lot at the Tulsa show. I’m not a salesman my job is to make sure not a single person that looks at a boat has this review. I usually won’t even ask anything about a sale just a simple how are you tonight is all it takes. Don’t ever let a potential customer leave because if someone’s there to buy they will walk to next booth over and spend their money. I’m sure it’s the same with every dealer they have “reps” that are there to converse with people and if discussions get serious you pass them off to a salesman.

16. bayousmallie
    If Kris was still there he would have help you with any questions you had. Thats who I talked with about my Vexus along with Keith and Ryan also.
    They are really into customer service. Or call the plant and ask for Ryan he is the national sales representative.

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bayousmallie View Post
    If Kris was still there he would have help you with any questions you had. Thats who I talked with about my Vexus along with Keith and Ryan also.
    They are really into customer service. Or call the plant and ask for Ryan he is the national sales representative.
    Have you met Ryan or Keith in person? They are really great guys! Kris too!

I’m sorry but that is not the sign of a good salesman. You always acknowledge the potential customer and make yourself available if they need help. Any good salesman will introduce themselves and let you know they are their if you have any questions or need them. Anybody that says different or has been in sales that has not done business this way is a starving salesman.

19. Member
    Don’t be disappointed, give the local dealer a call. I agree with 5 Bass on how the local promotional staff should handle shows. I’ve worked a bazillion of them back when I was fishing tournaments. I’ve also seen way too many promo staff folks working hows that are not qualified to be doing so. I think dealers/manufacturers got smart on that?

I recently crawled all over a Vexus with a great promo staff guy...th problem was the guy is soooooo ate up with “Rangeritus” the only feature he could come up with on the Vexus that made it appealing was “The Wood Family started the company.”

20. Member
    I get your point about feeling ignored. I guess if I'd had questions, I would not have hesitated to go over to one of them and ask questions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast