Thread: Duappointed...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    If I'm approached or not, it doesn't bother me one bit. If I have any questions I simply walk over and just ask the rep a question.
    2019 Vexus 1880 w/ Mercury Pro-XS 115 4-stroke, MK 80lb Fortex, Twin Helix 7 Birds, Pro II PowerPole. AEguideservice.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lou22 View Post
    If I'm approached or not, it doesn't bother me one bit. If I have any questions I simply walk over and just ask the rep a question.
    Exactly! If you want something you just go get it.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

As a former mfg rep, I agree with 5 Bass. My job at a show was to be the ambassador for my company and a source of information on the qualities of the product I represented. I wasn't there to "sell" but, to assist the dealer's people in doing their jobs. I made it a point to not let anyone out of the booth without a quick and simple acknowledgment and I was glad to help if they had any questions as I backed out and gave them space. I also saw reps sit back as the people walked by, wasn't my style.

4. Member
    Dealer’s first chance of selling attitude and character.
    it’s either “I don’t care I got a waiting list of you” or”what can I do to get you in a boat and a long term relationship of good service”.
    i know what I expect and appreciate-I would walk out to and find another dealer.

5. U.S. Navy, Retired
    I've worked a lot of shows in my day (Canadien fishing lodge) and you ALWAYS give a smile and a "HI"! Let them know you are available to them. Somebody in this thread stated that the reps know who will buy and who is kicking the tires. I call BS. I also read something to the effect: "they get tired talking to tire-kickers all day". Too bad. They need to be proud of what they do, they need to enjoy what they are doing. I absolutely LOVED talking about fishing up to 12 hours a day for 8 days straight. And potential customers feed on that type of attitude. ie. "If this guy is obviously so psyched about this place, there must be something there!" So, If I'm looking at a boat and I get a bad impression from the rep, or no response, that just transfers to the boat/mfr.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rcraigrrt View Post
    I went to the Houston boat show on Saturday and looked at the Vexus boats they had on display... I all but crawled in the 2080 and was hoping a Vexus rep would come talk to me about the boat, I was very impressed and had some questions I would have liked to have had them answer and show me a little more of the boat. There was a salesman from the dealer that was there and working on a sale, so I didn’t expect him to break away, but the 2 Vexus reps were standing around talking to each other and I was never acknowledged... I walked away disappointed about that, even though the boats were very impressive. Maybe at the next boat show they will have some more attentive company reps that won’t ignore potential customers.
    You had to stand in line to visit with the Vexus rep at the Dallas show, when it was your turn he would let you know everything possible about Vexus, great rep.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    You had to stand in line to visit with the Vexus rep at the Dallas show, when it was your turn he would let you know everything possible about Vexus, great rep.
    I will agree with this...Kris was not rushing anyone with their questions. The owner of the dealership chatted with me until Kris was finished with the customer that he was speaking with, and then focused on me and walked me thru the build process from start to finish. He pulled out his phone and showed me a ton of photos and answered every question I had. Great representation of Vexus IMO

8. Member
    From years and years of experience I always approach everyone ho came into our store and tell them please let me know if I can help in any way. Most of the time I could tell right then if a guy was real interested in buying a boat. It may have cost me a few sales but I never followed any one around pushing my self on them, just my two cents.

9. Member
    Well, I can tell you that your experience with a Vexus rep, was much different than mine. This weekend, at the Indy show, Jason Parsons approached me while I was looking at an aluminum rig. I had a long conversation with him about the "glass" boats. Of course he wouldn't let any details out, but his willingness to give me his full attention, for as long as I wanted, further solidified the decision I've already made.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12