Any experience with Esox rods?

I've recently discovered these rods online, and I am interested in them. I try to use only American-made rods. Most of my rods are original IMX & GLX mag bass rods, or Falcon Cara rods. I am pleased with what I have in terms of weight, sensitivity, and balance. Just curious about how Esox rods compare to what I'm used to fishing.

I can't lie....it is really appealing that they are made in my home state of Indiana. Has anyone seen, felt, or fished one of these rods?

2. Banned
    bought several........was very hard to get ahold of the builder when i had issues, multiple phone calls made. Offer's life time warranty, but when it came time for that warranty to be used, wanted 50 dollars along with the rod back to analyze how it broke. Said he was going to look at it via magnification. Gave all the rods away and now only JB Custom Rods Used.

3. Member
    Hi, I have two. The 70CD Pitching Rod Med Hvy/Fast and the BI76 Flipping stick Med Hvy/Mod Fast. To me the action and power are under-rated and they fish stiffer than rated, especially compared to the St. Croix TLB rods I mainly use. I do not use them much in NC because of that but they seem like quality rods and I have not had any issues with them. In NC I use them if I fish for catfish, and do use the 70CD sometimes for C-rigs and they work fine for that. Home in Florida I use them in the slop for what they are labeled for and they work fine. Bottom line to me they are good, functional rods but not a whole lot of wow factor. If you buy the Esox rods and like them and want more drop me a line and I'll sell you the ones I have.

Edit: Meant to add, I do have a couple Falcon Cara T7 casting rods and the Esox to me are similar but with a heavier action and power.
    Last edited by SFGator; 01-14-2019 at 08:23 AM.

4. Member
    Thanks for the info, guys. I think I'll pass on them for the time being. If they're similar to Caras, I'll stick to my Falcons. Cara T7....$200-240. Esox....$330ish. Appreciate the feedback.

5. Member
    It is about impossible to find any reviews on them, but you might take a look at Witch Doctor rods. The very (very) few times I have seen them mentioned has me wanting to try one....as soon as I win the lottery. In your price range, tho.

6. Member
    I'll check them out.