2018 521c Cover question

So I ordered the low profile cover but it’s nothing like the low profile cover I had on my former 520svx. This cover has lots of extra material at the trolling motor and no matter what I can’t get it tight where water won’t pond up. Am supposed to put a seat in the rear? Anyone else have any feedback on their cover situation?

2. Member
    I know a couple of guys with low profile covers on the c boats. They all have water pooling issues. One of the guys uses one of those exercise balls to lift the cover.

What if you put a butt seat in the middle post hole in the floor and extend it upward (as necessary)? I bet that would make the cover tight enough to stop the water from pooling.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

4. Member
    I think part of the problem is they are trying to make the covers handle all of the new options - Ultrex, graphs that extend above the deck / console... I ordered a new one for my 11 and it has some slop in it. My pooling happens at the front deck area. I have used a few items on the deck to help - plastic container, cooler... Still have a little water sitting there when I go to pick it up.

5. Member
    Thanks for the replys
    Jh- I tried that last week when I took in for service and the seat at its highest point doesn’t reach as high as the consoles do.

Wish it was like my old 520, made all the difference in the world. I hate towing with new one it drives me crazy seeing it flopping around especially on the trolling motor side. Got to be another option??

I put a big rubber maid container under mine
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

7. Member
    I put one exercise ball on the front deck and one on the rear deck. They support the cover well and prevent pooling.

8. Member
    To me having to add stuff to make your $1000+ cover work is not right; take it to your dealer and have them get it done right by Ranger.
    2018 Z521L 250 PRO XS V8