Ranger 178vs wiring to the rear battery from the front panel

Can anyone tell me how to run wiring from the front panel to a n extra battery in the rear area. I would like to run electronics, and LEds off of a spare battery but not sure how to get the wiring back. Is there a pre rigged path of some kind?

Thanks

2. Member
    Pretty sure there is conduit in place
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

3. Member
    On the Ranger/Triton boats there are 2 tubes that run from the rear of the boat to the cup holder behind the shifter. Take out the cup holder and you'll see them. One tube goes to the bilge and the other goes to the clamshell that the steering cable come out of. When I rigged my boat I also took the screws out of the fuse panel under the dash to help fish the wires forward to where they come out under the console and up to the bow.

4. Member
    How about from the bow to the console?

5. Member
    My 518dvs has a conduit from console to bow. I ran a NMEA cable a couple of weeks ago and did not even need to use a fish tape. On mine, if you are under the console it is top right. When you run the new wire I usually pull a small string to make it easier in the future.

The passage from the console to the back it more of a PIA on mine but doable.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowerider58 View Post
    On the Ranger/Triton boats there are 2 tubes that run from the rear of the boat to the cup holder behind the shifter. Take out the cup holder and you'll see them. One tube goes to the bilge and the other goes to the clamshell that the steering cable come out of. When I rigged my boat I also took the screws out of the fuse panel under the dash to help fish the wires forward to where they come out under the console and up to the bow.
    This sums it up pretty good. Only thing i will add is run the fishtape from the bilge end up to the console otherwise you may have ann issue finding the bilge. Pull you trolling motor tray and small compartment insert in front of console and you should be good. Just did it last week again.

7. Member
    Thanks for the input. I appreciate it

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by georgestarrett2 View Post
    How about from the bow to the console?
    I have the Triton 18TX version so I'm not sure if yours is the same. I just used a fish tape to go from the console forward. If you take the foot pedal tray out the whole bow area is open. Youll be able to pull the wires forward from there.

Quote Originally Posted by billwvu05 View Post
    This sums it up pretty good. Only thing i will add is run the fishtape from the bilge end up to the console otherwise you may have ann issue finding the bilge. Pull you trolling motor tray and small compartment insert in front of console and you should be good. Just did it last week again.
    No lie, definitely a pita.. i found it easier to run the fish tape from the throttle cutout to the bilge. (Than trying to find the tape through the cutout) I did this when i ran my talon warning wire to the console. Your gonna have to reach up behind the storage compartment and grab the tape. A bright light also helped. I have no experience from bow to console.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!