lithium starting battery

I have a 100 ah lithium starting battery from The Lithium Battery Company. At 5 months, it was completely drained, they replaced it. At 20 months, it would charge fully, but drain quickly. They sent another battery. Charged it Thursday night, with a Dual Pro Charger calibrated to their lithium batteries. First time I went to crank it, it immediately dropped to 10v. Could there be something wrong on my end?Motor is an older EFI, 2001 Mercury 250 pro XB. I’ve actually jumped it off a couple times with my K2 lithium trolling battery, 48ah vs 100ah
    Keith Broussard Caney Lake, Louisiana
    2000 TR21 2000 Mercury 250 Pro XB OG980775 14" hydro plate

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jrspop View Post
    I have a 100 ah lithium starting battery from The Lithium Battery Company. At 5 months, it was completely drained, they replaced it. At 20 months, it would charge fully, but drain quickly. They sent another battery. Charged it Thursday night, with a Dual Pro Charger calibrated to their lithium batteries. First time I went to crank it, it immediately dropped to 10v. Could there be something wrong on my end?Motor is an older EFI, 2001 Mercury 250 pro XB. I’ve actually jumped it off a couple times with my K2 lithium trolling battery, 48ah vs 100ah
    I was told Lithiums aren't a good idea as a cranking battery but my outboard is a 2000 125 Merc, no EFI. Relion told me the cranking-times are too long, harming the battery's electronics.

3. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    I use LP 110ah with out any issues. Run 3 12 inch graphs and poles etc!

4. Member
    I use a relion 100hp for cranking the 250 Mercury v8, also running two 12” and a 16” graphs and livewells. I also never turn any of my graphs on stand by and run live wells. Couldn’t be more happy.