Thread: fisher boats

Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar

fisher boats

my dads 89 fisher and my 06 fisher. I actually bought the 89 with lawn mowing money when I turned 15 and upgraded to a bass boat a few years later. Don’t see many of them but they sure make good boats!

I bought a Fisher in the mid 80's it was a darn good boat
    SeaArk ZX200DC Mercury 115 FourStroke

3. Member
    My very first boat was a fisher aluminum with a 25hp tiller steer. Great picture of the two of them.

4. Member
    i have an 89 fisher. setup for one specific lake so i cant use it anywhere else most of the season. just rebuilt a 95 deep v tracker for all other places i want to go. i think theres a link below with a pic of my fisher

My first boat was an '85 Fisher Marsh Hawk 16 foot with a 30 hp Johnson. It was a good rig. The only problem I had was that the trolling motor stand cracked a number of times and the front corners cracked. I solved that problem by putting a strap across both sides right behind the front deck, when trailering. That kept the sides from flexing going down the road, which caused the cracks.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

6. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    My first boat was an '85 Fisher Marsh Hawk 16 foot with a 30 hp Johnson. It was a good rig. The only problem I had was that the trolling motor stand cracked a number of times and the front corners cracked. I solved that problem by putting a strap across both sides right behind the front deck, when trailering. That kept the sides from flexing going down the road, which caused the cracks.
    Dad has had to have a few spots tacked up on his. Nothing major and he was still using it and it had no affect on use. His has a 40 horse mariner that has been absolute bullet proof! My 4 stroke 60 has been golden as well to this point.

I owned a Fisher for a pretty good while. I usually keep a smaller aluminum boat for small waters and stumps and bigger boat for bigger lakes. The Fisher was my small boat for a few years and it was perfect. My brother ended up with it.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

My first "bass boat" was a 14' stick steer Fisher Marine with 20 HP Chrysler outboard in the late 1970's. My second one was a 15' Fisher Marine Marsh Hawk with a 50 HP Johnson outboard in mid 1980's.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

9. Member
    had that same exact boat as my first jet boat. had a lot of fun in it.
    2022 Hog Island Skiff
    Johnson 70/40 jet

Bouncin' off rocks, and catching the smallies.

Potomac River Smallmouth Guide

Owner of Potomac Custom Tackle

10. Member
    Fisher Boats and Tracker Boats were built in the same building. The Hulls came down the line and went Left or Right depending on which brand it was being built for. I knew a Fisher Dealer that told me he went to the Factory to see them being built.

The Tracker Hulls got a lower grade of carpet and whatever and the Fisher Hulls got the better grade on materials. They were very nice boats for their time.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadeye1 View Post
    Fisher Boats and Tracker Boats were built in the same building. The Hulls came down the line and went Left or Right depending on which brand it was being built for. I knew a Fisher Dealer that told me he went to the Factory to see them being built.

The Tracker Hulls got a lower grade of carpet and whatever and the Fisher Hulls got the better grade on materials. They were very nice boats for their time.
    When did Tracker buy Fisher...I'm thinking the mid-1990's.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

12. Member
    My Fisher was 1991 Fisher Hawk 16 with 3 cylinder 40 Mariner T&T new.
    Brunswick Marine made them along with Spectrum, Starcraft, and Monark.
    i paid $7,599 with factory galvanized trailer, motor, and boat.
    Mine was built by Brunswick Marine in the Armory, MS plant.

Brunswick Marine, the parent company of Fisher boats exchanged the boat in 1993 due to the rivet leaks.
    They worked out a deal with me on any boat brand they mfg.
    They sold me a Starcraft with 75HP Mariner for same price I paid for my 16ft Fisher.
    They took care of me, made it an even exchange minus taxes, and their service was outstanding.

13. Member
    My bilge pump was reaching back and pulling the plug while running down the water Lol. It wasn’t hard with the tiller steer. Every boat I had leaked some back then including an old used Lund.

Those little Mariners ran a long time...they had Yamaha powerheads. Merc outsourced their small powerheads to Yamaha before building them in China.