Thread: Carpet Weight

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I think it takes about 27’ x 7’ wide.
    Ranger will know.
    2000 Ranger 520DVX 225hpdi

OK thanks. I was thinking 30'. Ranger sent me the samples of their carpet. Country beige is darker than the tan I have now but to me it looks like it needs cleaning already. I do like the Storm color but it doesn't actually go with my seats ( tan & blue). But may go with storm anyway. Ranger said they were getting away matching the carpet with seats or vice versa. I can see their point, that's why they only have 4 colors now. From what I understand all their new boats are coming with a gray color unless ordered otherwise. Anyway thanks for the info.

3. Member
    I got a sample from Ranger yesterday to replace my Mica carpet. It was way too dark, guess I am going to look elsewhere. Is Ranger carpet 24 oz or 20?

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by tracer1 View Post
    OK thanks. I was thinking 30'. Ranger sent me the samples of their carpet. Country beige is darker than the tan I have now but to me it looks like it needs cleaning already. I do like the Storm color but it doesn't actually go with my seats ( tan & blue). But may go with storm anyway. Ranger said they were getting away matching the carpet with seats or vice versa. I can see their point, that's why they only have 4 colors now. From what I understand all their new boats are coming with a gray color unless ordered otherwise. Anyway thanks for the info.
    I went with the country beige from Syntac have ranger with tan and blue seats I like it as mentioned above because it doesnt show as much dirt as the original lighter beige.

Quote Originally Posted by STRETCH1 View Post
    I got a sample from Ranger yesterday to replace my Mica carpet. It was way too dark, guess I am going to look elsewhere. Is Ranger carpet 24 oz or 20?
    Ranger has & uses only 24oz, not many other colors to choose from as country beige is probably the "lightest" color to some extent. I actually like the light gray, but don't think it would go very well with tan & blue seats as well. You can get 20 & 24oz in other colors from other vendors but it won't be Syntec. It is excellent carpet. It is the only carpet Ranger & Basscat Boats use. From what I heard is Triton (which is built at the Ranger plant also) uses the same carpet. I will probably fo with Country Beige.
    Last edited by tracer1; 02-08-2019 at 06:35 PM.

6. Member
    Ranger has & uses only 24oz, not many other colors to choose from as country beige is probably the "lightest" color to some extent. I actually like the light gray, but don't think it would go very well with tan & blue seats as well. You can get 20 & 24oz in other colors from other vendors but it won't be Syntec. It is excellent carpet. It is the only carpet Ranger & Basscat Boats use. From what I heard is Triton (which is built at the Ranger plant also) uses the same carpet. I will probably fo with Country Beige.
    I called them today and they have some Mica and it is on the way to me. It is supposed to be an exact match from when my boat was new. They sent me the sample of Country Beige and the Mica is a lot lighter.

I called them today and they have some Mica and it is on the way to me. It is supposed to be an exact match from when my boat was new. They sent me the sample of Country Beige and the Mica is a lot lighter.
    Sure it's 24oz? Only thing I could find is the Aggressor series that is 16oz. I will call them again & check on the Mica. They sent me samples of what they had & mica was not included or even mentioned.

8. Member
    Sure it's 24oz? Only thing I could find is the Aggressor series that is 16oz. I will call them again & check on the Mica. They sent me samples of what they had & mica was not included or even mentioned.
    . Yep, my concern exactly. They said that they still have some Mica left. The second lady knew all about where it was, the First Lady said Country Beige was the lightest color. Aggressor comes in 12, 16, 18 and 20. The 20 was what was on my boat new (it’s a 2000) and she said they have that in true Mica Mist.

Hate to tell you this Stretch but the First Lady is at the White House, not at the Ranger plant, LOL. Seriously, hope it's at least 20oz for you. I don't know why they have cut down on colors, even Basscat Boats only use 4 colors now. Went over to the Ranger Dealer near me & every Ranger (including tin) had gray carpet (light & dark ) in them. Asked the owner if they were ordered that way. He said Ranger puts that in all their boats now unless specifically ordered otherwise. He said they use the grayish color regardless of the color of the seats. Said Ranger is going away from the matching thing & the contrast actually complements the boat better. OK........ I was actually looking at a color that is called midnight star. It's grayish blue. My boat is midnight blue metalflake & my seats are tan & dark blue. Think it would be hot in the summer though. The color I like best is Storm, very light gray, but wouldn't show dirt as bad. And it would complement my seat also, LOL.

10. Member
    Yes, I am calling them Monday morning.

11. Member
    Yes, I am calling them Monday morning.
    Yes, I called. They do have it but they will not sell it to me, they save it just for use in recarpeting box lids only. Said I must go to Country Beige.

Wow, that's strange, not sure I understand that. But that's Ranger. The country beige is what I would have to use if I keep my boat seats & carpet matching. The Syntec carpet is the best marine carpet out there that I know of, only problem it is limited in color choices, and not just from Ranger. I've got samples from 4 or 5 different places & the Syntec is by far better. The backing is a lot heavier ( for lack of a better word). If you do go with country beige, go with the 24oz, you'll like it.

13. Member
    I thought about it quite a bit. Got my sample of Country Beige and it looks great up next to my seats. I was going to order it from Ranger for about $500 with $150 of that shipping. I bought Country Beige Platinum || off Amazon for a little under $400 with free shipping. Now onto picking out the glue.

Don't understand that from Ranger. I ordered the country beige (from Ranger) & my cost including shipping is $349.17. And that will ship FedEx most likely around $50.00, so don't know how they priced yours. Now I got 30 feet which is around 24 sq.yds. I know some guys there will try to tell you that 30 sq yds is what it will take but I don't think it will take that much. Most marine carpet dealers, including BassCat sell it by the foot. BassCat's carpet is 25'x7', so I would think 30 feet would be adequate. I do think Ranger does waste a lot of carpet carpeting their boats but to them time is money. Watch a video on them carpeting their boats & you'll understand what I mean. They just lay one big piece of carpet out, cut an X across a compartment & throw the excess away. Personally, I can't afford to do that. I will have to use my old carpet as a template and be pretty close. So I won't be wasting any. But, that's just me, I'll do it right but won't waste any if I can help it. Post some pics when you get it done. As for the glue, a lot of guys use the contact glue, but I don't think I'm that talented. That glue doesn't forgive a mistake and I know me, LOL. Anyway, hope it goes well for you.
    Cheers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12