Question about screen size and lvs with mapping

Looking at lvs for bow and generally run mapping concurrent to show waypoints with one unit.
    From those with larger Garmin units, is 12” required for large enough lvs screen with map displayed. Or is 10” Sufficient?

2. Member
    Anyone? Curious how LVS users setup their screen(s). Rather not have 3 units on the bow.

thanks

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MDBASSNPRO View Post
    Looking at lvs for bow and generally run mapping concurrent to show waypoints with one unit.
    From those with larger Garmin units, is 12” required for large enough lvs screen with map displayed. Or is 10” Sufficient?
    I run LVS and mapping like you mention on a 7610xsv. Not bad. Not really good. The compromise I saw was having to use the + and - quite a bit on the mapping. Zoom out to run and zoom back in for fishing. But it's workable. Actually that combo screen had mapping upper left, 2d under it and right side was LVS. 2d was scrunched too.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    I run LVS and mapping like you mention on a 7610xsv. Not bad. Not really good. The compromise I saw was having to use the + and - quite a bit on the mapping. Zoom out to run and zoom back in for fishing. But it's workable. Actually that combo screen had mapping upper left, 2d under it and right side was LVS. 2d was scrunched too.
    Thanks Leonard. That’s what I was guessing. I am seriously considering keeping my PS22 and getting Livescope with a 12” screen so I don’t have to have 3 units on bow and have that power draw. One on each screen with mapping and 2D.

Been looking at the non touch 12’s to avoid dropping another $4,000 and keep it around $3,000 (which is still crazy for any technology with an upgrade cycle of 1 year or less.)

i have decided to pull trigger next month and give Garmin opportunity to make one last splash for me this year with the kick off of the big boy boat shows or maybe a tease then and news ar Bass Masters Classic but rather not. I am hoping they made a new year resolution and release a low to mid low $1,000 -12” Echomap Plus 9XSV before end of 1st quarter which is really too late already for this season.

Also, note for Garmin just skip the 10” or replace the 9” and go ahead and offer the 12” and 14” or 16” and really capture the market with affordable big screens. With my style of fishing I have never really seen the benefit of all the networkability. Leave that to a black box or higher end units for the other must have’s.

Countdown has begun....

5. Member
    This crystal ball stuff is really tough. Mine's a bit cloudy. I wouldn't hold my breath on the pricing. With Hbird, Lowrance and Garmin some ways of looking at it make it seem really competitive. Historically it was really competitive until Hbird came out with SI. They had no competition and the pricing for that was high. Then everybody ended up with SI and it was competitive again until Garmin came out with Panoptix. Now Lowrance has announced LiveSight hoping to hold on to their base but it's on the feature, not the price. Garmin announces the LVS12 that looks really good and is offered at a lower price. But you have to have an 8600 unit.

Bottom line: Big screen and full feature set - go to the bank. I don't see any exceptions. The biggest price break in a long time has been the Plus units, Panoptix/LiveScope compatible and shares sonar. Best deal around. But there's an unbreakable barrier to networking them with a GPSMAP. We are seeing size creep throughout the market. A lot of pressure there. Maybe something will come of it.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

6. Member
    For the price your better off picking up 2 Echomap plus if they do everything you need. VS one latge gpsmap

7. Member
    I have one 93sv Echomap chirpmfor my p22 and was looking at echomap 94sv ECHOMAP Plus for Livescope.
    But to display a map I wanted to avoid a third unit on bow especially the power draw; however I could buy three 93sv for price of one 8612!
    We’ll see if anything new......

8. Kayak fishing most wanted ClaytonHaske's Avatar
    I would personally love a 12", and 16" echomap plus series of graphs. Especially if they were as affordable as the 93sv's. And I seriously think you would see an increase in livescope purchases as well. PEOPLE WANT 12" SCREENS!!!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonHaske View Post
    I would personally love a 12", and 16" echomap plus series of graphs. Especially if they were as affordable as the 93sv's. And I seriously think you would see an increase in livescope purchases as well. PEOPLE WANT 12" SCREENS!!!

Couldn’t agree more!
    93sv is a very good all around unit.
    123sv would be awesome and the model number would sell itself!
    Heck I would even drive to Olathe KS to pick it up!
    Last edited by MDBASSNPRO; 01-17-2019 at 01:39 AM.