08 Z21 dash update

trying to give the old girl a fresh new look. Worked with kandkustomzhydrographics to find the right finish, Kevin nailed it! added bezels to make the plates stand out, added new stereo, dressed it up with a couple of decals. hope the pics upload trying to figure this whole upload/resize thing out.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    looks great, if you had posted earlier I think I would have followed your lead. I have updated my z21 as well, ran into tons of problems. it almost wasn't worth it.

3. Member
    That looks awesome. Be proud of that!

4. Member
    sorry to hear you had issues, what kind of problems did you run into? what upgrades did you do? still have pics to upload once I figre it out.802717C7-FB08-4855-99BD-C2DBBFF6D8C6.JPG

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator

6. Member
    I installed the precision sonar gauge relocation kit, none of the wires would reach. Had to replace wiring harness to the tachometer, run new water pressure lines, replace wiring the power pole. I guess Ranger didnt want to spend couple extra dollars to extend wires and harnesses. It looks really good now but was touch and go for a while.

7. Member
    Agreed there is barely enough wire length to unplug the gauges. An extra inch would of gone a long way!! Definetely a pita when I had to put it all back together. I relocated the stereo from the passenger side to the driver side, that was the biggest challenge as I had to remove the seats in order to run the wires to the drivers side. Looking to install new seats skins from Ranger in March, letting them do it, not worth cussing over. Installing a 12" HDS live, not looking forward to changing everything out..it's either that or buy a new boat but "ouch" $$$$$$, wife wants a 620FS ..we'll see who wins out.

8. Member
    looks really nice I like it alot good job. Love the pics.

9. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    so much better then stock

10. Member
    What's that thing in the trolling motor recess tray?

11. Tony C
    Very nice!
    Ranger Z21/Yamaha HPDI 250

12. Member
    it is a marine radio holder that fits well in that space. I use it for fish scent (HotSauce, Gulp) plyers. thanks..

Looks great!