Trolling motor wedge

has anyone done this and what wedges do you use..

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

2. Member
    Why? Depending on your load the boat may float different or any movement in the water could upset the level.
    but if your video fishing I guess it might matter

3. Member
    This makes a big difference if you're using a transducer on your trolling motor. Take your boat out on the water. Put a level on the rail on a spot you can duplicate later. Use change (mine was 2 quarters and a nickel) to make the level level. Now you know the level on the water. With the boat on the trailer put your change under the level. Use the tongue Jack and adjust it till the level is level. Now you have the level that your boat is on the water. I leveled mine on the water while I was on the front of the boat. I used pieces of 1" ohms cut into wedges. Same concept of the video. I also made sure to level vertically as well. This made a big difference with the si and did images. Good luck

4. Member
    Gambler 4 is right not only will the level change but the side to side will change too.

5. Member
    I have done this. When I upgraded to the Ultrex, it didn't sit even close to level on my hull. I video game fish a lot on the bow and it needed to be right so I could see the fish and my spoon under me. See here how un-level it was. This is on an 09 20X3 Triton. If you use the pitch overlay on your Lowrance with the Point-1, you can see where your boat sits on the water. Then when you get home, your the crank to adjust the boat to the same value......This will replicate being on the water and then you can level the TM to the boat.

20180612_195935.jpg

20180612_195914.jpg

Here are the options you have. The TH Marine will need the ears on 1 side cut off or it will hang out the sides. I first ordered this after watching the Gman video. They are not a good solution as he suggests. Not only is the angle wrong, but they are not long enough and leave a huge gap between the hull and the TM where there is no support. I had a pic somewhere but I couldn't find it. After I removed these I ordered the Bob's version. These are much better as they are all aluminum and not cast. They are much stronger. They are longer and come in two different degree raise. Fore me, I was in between the two options, but these worked pretty well. The unsupported gap was reduced to only about an inch and it put the pitch of the TM almost perfect where I can drop spoons under the boat and see it in my cone. Since then I had a guy custom 3D print me one at the proper length and angle, but I've yet to install it.

20180621_190249.jpg

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Coufal View Post
    I have done this. When I upgraded to the Ultrex, it didn't sit even close to level on my hull. I video game fish a lot on the bow and it needed to be right so I could see the fish and my spoon under me. See here how un-level it was. This is on an 09 20X3 Triton. If you use the pitch overlay on your Lowrance with the Point-1, you can see where your boat sits on the water. Then when you get home, your the crank to adjust the boat to the same value......This will replicate being on the water and then you can level the TM to the boat.

20180612_195935.jpg

20180612_195914.jpg

Here are the options you have. The TH Marine will need the ears on 1 side cut off or it will hang out the sides. I first ordered this after watching the Gman video. They are not a good solution as he suggests. Not only is the angle wrong, but they are not long enough and leave a huge gap between the hull and the TM where there is no support. I had a pic somewhere but I couldn't find it. After I removed these I ordered the Bob's version. These are much better as they are all aluminum and not cast. They are much stronger. They are longer and come in two different degree raise. Fore me, I was in between the two options, but these worked pretty well. The unsupported gap was reduced to only about an inch and it put the pitch of the TM almost perfect where I can drop spoons under the boat and see it in my cone. Since then I had a guy custom 3D print me one at the proper length and angle, but I've yet to install it.

20180621_190249.jpg

Do you have a picture with the Bobs wedge installed? I’d like to adjust mine to be more level/plumb as well.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrain89 View Post
    Do you have a picture with the Bobs wedge installed? I’d like to adjust mine to be more level/plumb as well.
    Watching... Looking to add a wedge myself....

8. Member
    I’m (Ashmore Marine Products) in the process of getting these made guys if any of you need one. Feel free to shoot me a text if you’re interested.
    Thanks so much!
    Chad.
    Last edited by AshmoreMarine; 02-24-2023 at 11:25 AM.

9. Member
    I've posted this on several threads but the question keeps coming up.

So if you haven't already read this post, here's how I addressed the downward pitch on my 2005 Tr-21X.

Scroll through the entire 3rd page, I added an additional build further down...

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=907822&page=3