Pistol safe for truck

any body have a good recommendation for a safe you can mount in your truck for the times you can't carry inside someplace? I have a 2016 Ram.

I have a Console Vault in my Silverado for that purpose. Pretty sure they are available for your Ram as well:

https://www.consolevault.com
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

3. Member
    Looking at that one. can you tell me how they mount in the console? Bolts, screws???

Mine used the original bolts in the console. Pretty sturdy system and requires access to the inside of the vault to remove. There are some videos on the website that show installation.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adchunts View Post
    I have a Console Vault in my Silverado for that purpose. Pretty sure they are available for your Ram as well: https://www.consolevault.com
    Wonder how well that would hold up to a pry bar? In MI do they have to ask you to leave the premises, like here in IN? Before the console I would look under the hood for a safe place. My silverado has a space for an extra battery box, better than the interior of the truck. Yeah its a hassle sometimes but its safer, well just hope the truck is still there when you get back

6. Member
    Does the 2016 ram have cargo boxes in the back floor boards like the 18? I put mine in a lock box , then put said box in floor storage box which lies under back floor mats

7. Member
    Check out Tuffy Security products. I had an in console pistol safe on my 05 Chevy, and my 2015 Chevy has an under rear seat safe that will hold a couple of rifles.
    2018 Ranger Z185
    Yamaha 150 SHO w/ Tempest 23P
    Ultrex 80 Link
    Helix 10MDI & 12MSI G2N at console
    Helix 10 M+DI G4N w/ M360 and Garmin 93 w/ LiveScope at bow
    Atlas Jackplate
    12' Talons