West Suburban Bass Anglers is looking for new members! (Northern IL)

The West Suburban Bass Anglers (WSBA) is looking for new members for our club. We're looking for both boaters and non-boater/co-anglers.

If you're not sure if tournament fishing is for you, ask me how you can fish a tournament as guest without having to commit as a full member.

Here's the details:
    • We're a tournament bass club, that fishes 10 events per year
    • Most tournaments are within 3 hours of Chicago & Wisconsin
    • We do 3 travel tournaments per year, this year traveling to Lake of the Ozarks, Lake St. Clair, and the last one to be determined
    • Fish as few or as many tournaments as you like, there's no commitment
    • We're a B.A.S.S. sanctioned club, that fishes the Illinois Bass Nation state tournament which can qualify you for the state team or even the Bassmaster Classic.
    • We meet monthly on the 2nd Wednesday of the month at the Tilted Kilt in Schaumburg, IL
    • Must be at least 18 years of age.

If you'd like more information, feel free to send me a message, email me at ncwilso19@gmail.com, or check out our website at https://www.westsuburbanbassanglers.com/ .

Please pass this information on to anyone who you think might be interested!

Thanks,
    Nate
    2012 Nitro Z8
    225 Mercury Pro XS

Might hit you guys up this year...I am out in Huntley

3. Member
    Awesome, thanks! We have a lot of guys that live out towards Crystal Lake and Hoffman. Our first tournament is April 6th (Lake of the Ozarks). We typically draw partners (angler/co-angler) at the monthly meetings leading up to the events.

Come on out!
    2012 Nitro Z8
    225 Mercury Pro XS

Is your total membership limited in numbers? We are thinking about coming for your Feb meeting just to check it out ... What is the start time for the meeting and about how long do they run?

Mississippi River Pool 13
    Ranger R93 / Merc 200

5. Member
    Because you need special permits for tournaments of 20 boats or more, we limit membership to 38 members. Right now we're at 19 members (12 boaters, 7 Co-anglers) so we have quite a few open spots especially for co-anglers. All boats need to have the proper safety features and a working livewell.

Our next meeting is Feb 13th at Tilted Kilt at 7pm on Higgins Rd in Schaumburg. Typically we're out of there by 830. At the meetings we recap the last tournament, cover some club business, then draw partners for upcoming tournaments. To clarify what I mean by "partners", we do NOT run a team format. The boater fishes against other boaters, and the Co's against other Co's, the draw is to see which Boaters/Co's will be sharing a boat & costs.

Come on out!

It sounds like you might have more than just yourself interested? How many others are considering coming?

Hope to see you out there!

-Nate
    Last edited by natrix19; 01-24-2019 at 02:58 PM. Reason: added detail about boater regulations
    2012 Nitro Z8
    225 Mercury Pro XS

Thank you for the reply. We are 2 senior fishermen and one young buck (my son). There are a some dates on your schedule for lakes that we have fished and enjoyed. There are a couple that we have yet to fish but have wanted to. Out of that, it is possible that we could make a few trips but would fall short of being waist deep in club activities. So I don't know if that's the kind of members you're looking for. We're not far from your meeting spot. I am having back surgery toward the end of Feb. but don't anticipate being laid up for very long. Stay warm.
    Last edited by hooksetter5; 01-27-2019 at 03:45 PM.

Ranger R93 / Merc 200

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fluke1987 View Post
    Might hit you guys up this year...I am out in Huntley
    Didn't realize there were so many of us out here. Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by natrix19 View Post
    Because you need special permits for tournaments of 20 boats or more, we limit membership to 38 members. Right now we're at 19 members (12 boaters, 7 Co-anglers) so we have quite a few open spots especially for co-anglers. All boats need to have the proper safety features and a working livewell.

Our next meeting is Feb 13th at Tilted Kilt at 7pm on Higgins Rd in Schaumburg. Typically we're out of there by 830. At the meetings we recap the last tournament, cover some club business, then draw partners for upcoming tournaments. To clarify what I mean by "partners", we do NOT run a team format. The boater fishes against other boaters, and the Co's against other Co's, the draw is to see which Boaters/Co's will be sharing a boat & costs.

Come on out!

It sounds like you might have more than just yourself interested? How many others are considering coming?

Hope to see you out there!

-Nate
    No permits under 20 boats? That's a new one. We get permits for all of the events we run no matter the number of boats.

9. Member
    We get permits for all our tournaments too, but if your event has 20+ boats there are special permits needed in addition to the regular permits you get. At least thats what our tournament director told me LOL.

Hooksetter - we're open to any and all who want to join! Ultimately, it's up to you what you want to get out of the club. There's no obligation to fish all the events if there's only a handful you wish to fish in. The only catch is if you want to fish our year end classic you need to have fished 5 events, but I think you can "buy" an event if you've only fished 4. I'll have to check with the tournament director for that one.

Come on out to our meeting on Feb 13, meet the guys, and see what you think. You may get a better idea of what the club's expectations are then.

PS. Good luck on your surgery!
    2012 Nitro Z8
    225 Mercury Pro XS

We will make an effort to meet you at your Feb get together. Thanks for the response.

Ranger R93 / Merc 200

Not going to make it tonight. First, we have decided to stay in a team format. There are many great things that you can learn in the draw - and we will recommend your club to younger and newer fishermen ... The door is still open and we will see you down the road. Best wishes til then.

Ranger R93 / Merc 200

12. Member
    No worries man, the door is always open if you'd like to come check us out.
    2012 Nitro Z8
    225 Mercury Pro XS