Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

ROUGHEST RIDE EVER

I guess this is my first rant. It always makes me angry to hear a guy say ya I rode in one of those and it beat the snot out of me, or however they phrase it. How can someone base there personal opinion on a boats capability from the passenger seat? Without control of the wheel, trim, and throttle there is zero justification in its performance. I’ve been beat up by good riding boats with owners who can’t drive them, and driven mediocre riding boats that people would say man that thing rides good. Just saying, if you didn’t drive it, don’t knock it, if you can’t drive, they all will ride bad at times,and if you can drive and it beats you up, then it may just be the word riding boat ever...

I always brought bubble gum - 4 pieces when I rode in my buddies boat,.......chewed them up 2 per set of molars, so I did not need to see the dentist the next day!

3. Banned
    Somebody picking on your rig?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pa.X19 View Post
    Somebody picking on your rig?
    Lol, no that wouldn’t bother me at all. I’d just give them an unpleasant ride to the dock

5. Member
    [QUOTE=basscat21;9940499]I always brought bubble gum - 4 pieces when I rode in my buddies boat,.......chewed them up 2 per set of molars, so I did not need to see the dentist the next day![/ That’s good chit. I’ll have to keep som big league chew on hand when I’m not at the helm!

If you ride in enough boats you can tell which ones ride better than others even with a bad driver.

7. Member
    Good point! The boat I have now I hated the ride when I first got it. It was "different" then my previous boat.
    After some time behind the wheel experiencing different weather conditions, I now say I like the ride.
    People generally get out after a long day and say the boat rides great. Got to know how to drive em.
    4-5 footers nothing rides good. (but a good driver can keep you dry!)

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    If you ride in enough boats you can tell which ones ride better than others even with a bad driver.
    ^^^^^this

9. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 BASS ASSASIN View Post
    I guess this is my first rant...

Who controls John Gill?

10. Banned
    Always rougher in the passenger seat.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    I agree 1000%

12. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Tons of different hull designs a deep v hull will always out ride a flat bottom v

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 BASS ASSASIN View Post
    I guess this is my first rant. It always makes me angry to hear a guy say ya I rode in one of those and it beat the snot out of me, or however they phrase it. How can someone base there personal opinion on a boats capability from the passenger seat? Without control of the wheel, trim, and throttle there is zero justification in its performance. I’ve been beat up by good riding boats with owners who can’t drive them, and driven mediocre riding boats that people would say man that thing rides good. Just saying, if you didn’t drive it, don’t knock it, if you can’t drive, they all will ride bad at times,and if you can drive and it beats you up, then it may just be the word riding boat ever...
    You own a basscat and being made fun of?

I've ridden in 2 basscats, both drivers sucked lol

15. Member
    Duly noted.

16. Member
    From what I’ve seen, the driver makes the biggest difference. Been in a lot of different boats, but using trim and throttle correctly makes a big difference. Overall set up and prop can help, but you still need to ba able to read the conditions.

17. Member
    In rough conditions common sense can make a average driver into a very good driver regardless of the boat.
    2007 Bass Cat Pantera IV
    2018 G3 Sportsman 1710

18. Banned
    OP has to have a BassCat or Ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by btlsranger View Post
    From what I’ve seen, the driver makes the biggest difference. Been in a lot of different boats, but using trim and throttle correctly makes a big difference. Overall set up and prop can help, but you still need to ba able to read the conditions.
    This. I have been in boats that are supposedly great and got beat to death. Then boats that are supposedly bad and it was fine. Being in the passenger seat also sucks almost all the time.

Yawn----

I have never had a complaint from anyone out of ole' Green

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast