Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Diaz on Fire at Miami

For those earlier that were hating on the Hurricanes hire of Manny Diaz as HC, he continues his torrid pace by luring Dan Enos away from Alabama, whom was expected to take over as OC at Bama to take the same position at the U. This along with one grad transfer WR and a big Safety addition from USC just in the last few days, and the canes appear to be getting back into the headlines for positive reasons. Oh and the speculation can now move to Hurts following his QB Coach to Coral Gables. THIS IS NOT ME SAYING THEY ARE THE TEAM TO BEAT, but sure is nice to see the U trending in the right direction. Good for college football when the Canes are relevant. Look forward to reading all the haters

2. Member
    I'd wait 17 days to see if he'll change his mind.

3. Member
    Definitely a positive start. But it's obvious Enos was told he wasn't getting a look at OC at Bama for him to want to leave.
    2001 Ranger R71
    Merc 125
    MinnKota 74# Maxxum
    Humminbird 999
    Humminbird 859

4. Banned
    Damn, Bama's falling apart... One loss and all the rats are jumping ship... Dan

5. Member
    HAHAHA - I would love to have that sort of problem. I am a fan of the Knicks, Mets, and Jets as well - I have grown a love for losing every year.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan9 View Post
    For those earlier that were hating on the Hurricanes hire of Manny Diaz as HC, he continues his torrid pace by luring Dan Enos away from Alabama, whom was expected to take over as OC at Bama to take the same position at the U. This along with one grad transfer WR and a big Safety addition from USC just in the last few days, and the canes appear to be getting back into the headlines for positive reasons. Oh and the speculation can now move to Hurts following his QB Coach to Coral Gables. THIS IS NOT ME SAYING THEY ARE THE TEAM TO BEAT, but sure is nice to see the U trending in the right direction. Good for college football when the Canes are relevant. Look forward to reading all the haters
    And why is good for anyone who isn't a fan of drug U?

7. Member
    Good sentence Jigman.... You really got me

8. Member
    Congrats on Enos, good coach and a good family too...very nice folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    Damn, Bama's falling apart... One loss and all the rats are jumping ship... Dan
    Saban is restructuring the coaching staff again.. The man does not like to lose..
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bestnews View Post
    I'd wait 17 days to see if he'll change his mind.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrlawler1 View Post
    Saban is restructuring the coaching staff again.. The man does not like to lose..
    I bet he is. He doesnt even like to win close games, he wants total destruction of the other teams. I like it, his record speaks for itself. Look how many good coaches hes put out much less the players

12. Member
    Must be a blast to work for the guy hahaha. Can't knock the results

All the miami fans said the same thing about Mark Richt . It is good to see some change with them bacause what they were doing was not working. If Miami can get some good possition coaches it will definitely help. The key piece is the QB miami has not had a really good QB in 15 years . They have a good defence but could not score points on offence. The conference needs Miami , Florida state, VT to get better to make the games seem more interesting rather than having 7-6 teams playing for a division Championship.

14. Member
    Not all Miami fans were jumping with joy for Mark Richt.... That being said he did a ton for the program that goes beyond the wins and losses. His play calling and player development and inability to get a solid innovative staff around him was what ended up hurting him - hence why Diaz fired the whole offensive staff. Diaz is a much different hire than Mark Richt was. His energy level and love for Miami is something the program really needs - lives and breathes the program. Getting the right pieces on the offensive side of the ball is the most important, and that starts with getting a real QB. I mean Richt had not even recruited a QB this cycle, how I have no idea. I agree with you the ACC needs the Miami's, FSU and VT's of the world to be dominate again. Miami has had a few decent QB's in the last 15 yrs, Kaaya statistically was a good player in college if he had a line, he left too early. College football begins and ends with your QB. Would love to see Clemson play a team that belongs out there with them.

With the work that Dan Enos put into Jalen Hurts and.how.much he improved it wouldn't surprise me to see him follow him to Miami...his leadership, his football iq and just the type person he is would be an awesome get for Diaz and that team to start a new culture with...

Jonathan Hillstrand

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrlawler1 View Post
    And Butch / Dooley / Tee are being menitoned as potential OC’s???

17. Member
    I like the hire. Glad it wasn’t Applewhite. They desperately need a qb as mentioned above. I appreciate Richt for getting the indoor facility done and the million donation towards it. He quit because the AD told him he needed to make changes on the offensive side. He didn’t want to give up playcalling or fire his son.

Diaz had no idea Richt was going to quit so he took the Temple job. It sucks for Temple but can you blame Diaz? Miami is his dream job!
    1995 Xpress Pro 56
    Suzuki DT150

18. Member
    Miami needs some donors to upgrade facilities, Mark Richt is a great guy, but they need a fired up coach. Coral Gables is like a lot of places, mansions one block, the next, not so much.

Hurts will be going to Miami with Enos...

Quote Originally Posted by bugman View Post
    Hurts will be going to Miami with Enos...
    He spent the day in Maryland at a basketball game...first visit goes to Coach Locks...Miami next on the list..
    Last edited by mrlawler1; 01-11-2019 at 10:27 PM.

Jonathan Hillstrand

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast