USA New cranking battery

Just put a new battery on the crank side of the puma.
    Desided to try the odyssey pc2150T...I love the removable posts.
    All I can say is wow😳. That 250xp is spinning like a 50 does.
    I’ll post a review after I get some time on it, but I can’t believe the difference.

Thanks to Don for the list of battery’s that meet the requirement.

I think I’ll be buying 2 more to spin my 607cid in my Howard also. The optima battery’s in there just aren’t cutting it.
    2017 Puma FTD
    250 Pro XS
    lowrance gen 3, 9 and 12
    Ultrex 112 36v 45”

Optima are a spiral cell technology and they are lighter, though they don’t have the capacity. We have never been a fan of the spiral cell tech. on any battery.

We always inject that Batteries are about weight for power. Lighter is not better.

There are new technologies coming over time and those will reduce weight between 25 and 45%, though not for a few months or years yet.

3. Member
    I'm sure that your Puma has the MK PC charger. It will charge that battery well, and should give you longevity. Only certain chargers, of which the PC is one, will properly charge an Odyssey. Good choice

Using an unapproved charger with the old Sears PM 1, which was a rebadged PC 2150, was one of the causes of failure with many of them.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

4. Member
    Jet boy did you buy Brandon's demo?
    2000 Triton Tr21
    2002 Mercury 250 Pro XB

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jusmangrum View Post
    Jet boy did you buy Brandon's demo?
    No I bought Andy Graves 2017 ( that pro fisherman that has a farming hobby). But I did here Brandon had sold his demo and is going to take me fishing in his new Caracal demo this spring. I did try to buy a battery from him. He doesn’t keep them in stock.
    2017 Puma FTD
    250 Pro XS
    lowrance gen 3, 9 and 12
    Ultrex 112 36v 45”

6. Mississippi River Rat Kittycat2012's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboy View Post
    No I bought Andy Graves 2017 ( that pro fisherman that has a farming hobby). But I did here Brandon had sold his demo and is going to take me fishing in his new Caracal demo this spring. I did try to buy a battery from him. He doesn’t keep them in stock.
    Lol. Odyssey is a bad boy for sure. Need to come ride in this new 19 FTD I got with the 250 4 stroke. Finally got to run it hard yesterday. It will put you back in your seat from 0-70. 78.7 on top end loaded heavy I’m gonna play with some props I think there’s more there. That’s with the heavy ultrexx on the nose too. Hope all is well
    2023 Basscat Eyra
    Mercury pro team - Humminbird - Bobs - Power Pole - Garmin
    Hammer Rods
    The Tackle Trap

http://www.hammerrods.com/
    http://tackletrap.com/

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittycat2012 View Post
    Lol. Odyssey is a bad boy for sure. Need to come ride in this new 19 FTD I got with the 250 4 stroke. Finally got to run it hard yesterday. It will put you back in your seat from 0-70. 78.7 on top end loaded heavy I’m gonna play with some props I think there’s more there. That’s with the heavy ultrexx on the nose too. Hope all is well
    well I guess I need some pictures of the new one . I’d like first dibs on that one. I’ll be at 300hrs and ready to sell this with a good warenty term left. If amy will let it go. She uses it as much as I do. We love this 17.
    2017 Puma FTD
    250 Pro XS
    lowrance gen 3, 9 and 12
    Ultrex 112 36v 45”

8. Member
    ive had the same battery in my R boat and I am going on 6yrs took it out of my T boat placed it in my R boat I run 2 12 in finders 2 PP 8ftrs and live wells and Sirius xm all day 0 issues best battery to date.

9. Member
    Good choice on the battery. I ended up going w/ the X2 (https://www.batteriesplus.com/batter...1m/sli31agmdpm) when it was finally time to replace my odyssey. I would have gone back to w/ an odyssey if I could have found one in the same price range as the X2. I do miss the old sears Platinum Plus Marine Batteries for they couldn't be beat for the price.
    Richard Bates
    USCG Retired
    2010 Bass Cat Puma
    2012 250 hp Mercury ProXS
    Family Boat - 2011 Key West 189FS w/ Yamaha F115TX
    Truck - 2005 GMC 3500 D/A SRW LB CC
    RV- 2012 RoadTrek 210 Simplicity (named E-Pod)

http://BassCat.com
    Purefishing.com
    Denalirods.com