Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2019 Ford Ranger

I see a few are starting to show up at dealers. I was wondering if anyone has driven one or bought one yet ? If so what are your thoughts on it ?

2. Member
    We have one sitting at our plant...The looks are kind of plain Jane if you ask me but they are probably just using their overseas dies for the sheet metal...Its a steel body so maybe if they go to Aluminum they will update it some..I think if you tricked it out with some rims and tires and maybe some fender flares it would look alot tougher..
    I havent driven it but the guys I have talked to that have were impressed with the ride and the power..
    The new Ranger may be my next truck in a couple of years...I'm hearing that they may be bringing the mini Raptor here after all..
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

3. Member
    What motor they using? Guessing the baby eco boost?

4. Banned
    I priced one out online and its almost as much as my TRD Limited Tundra. I'll pass.

I don't like being negative, but I just did a quick search on the new Ranger. In order to change the fuel filter the front left wheel has to be removed. Then the wheel well skirting which is held in by 9 push in buttons. Lastly another another component must be unbolted. What are these engineers thinking these days? I'm not picking on Ford because GM is just as bad. To change a headlight on my Traverse I have to pull out the wheel well material. On my Malibu Its even harder to change a headlight. On my work van its a total pain just to change a fuse.

Edit: I meant oil filter not fuel filter.
    Last edited by jc1234; 01-11-2019 at 08:57 AM.
    The best way to cheer yourself up is to cheer up someone else.

Engineer Gong fuk Yue say your hands just to big.

7. Member
    Really hoping they drop the 2.7 eco in there next year, could be my next truck if they do as i don't need a massive full sized truck!

All the reviews iv'e seen have been very positive. I was leery about the 4 cyl eco being the only motor option but not one reviewer complaint about, in fact they all loved it!

8. Member
    I don't like it, I'll stick with my Tacoma.

9. Member
    They aren't donating them for sure, but they will drop.
    Plus I'd let them work out the kinks, 3rd model year.

10. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    They aren't donating them for sure, but they will drop.
    Plus I'd let them work out the kinks, 3rd model year.
    How much is actually new on it, been overseas for years just bring back to US market.

Price has to come down before I would consider it. The 2.7 would help but a lot of money for a mid-size truck.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

11. iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY
    The only way the Ranger will fail is if they price it in line with a Tacoma. And if they put so many doodads and buttwipers on it that they price themselves right out of the budget of people who would be buying them. Hopefully the dealers won't order mostly XLT's and Lariats then try to bully potential Ranger buyers into paying more than they want to for a midsize truck.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

The school of hard knocks is a rough way to be educated!

If it is even close the previous Ranger. It will be one hell of a vehicle.

13. Member
    Heck of a tow rating for a little truck.

14. Member
    Until they offer a stripped down, reliable basic ranger with a price reflecting that, my current one will be my last. For the money they want for one, I'll get a full size
    2022 Hog Island Skiff
    Johnson 70/40 jet

Bouncin' off rocks, and catching the smallies.

Potomac River Smallmouth Guide

Owner of Potomac Custom Tackle

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jc1234 View Post
    I don't like being negative, but I just did a quick search on the new Ranger. In order to change the fuel filter the front left wheel has to be removed. Then the wheel well skirting which is held in by 9 push in buttons. Lastly another another component must be unbolted. What are these engineers thinking these days? I'm not picking on Ford because GM is just as bad. To change a headlight on my Traverse I have to pull out the wheel well material. On my Malibu Its even harder to change a headlight. On my work van its a total pain just to change a fuse.

Edit: I meant oil filter not fuel filter.
    Not true...If you search that online site did a retraction..You turn the wheel all the way to the right pull 3 pins off from an access cover and the filter is right there...Not a big deal..I looked at that on the Ranger in the lot to verify...That article caused a crapstorm and shows you where some of these auto writers heads are at..
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mot...il-change/amp/
    Last edited by brnzbaklvr; 01-11-2019 at 09:55 AM.
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

16. idbefishing
    Unless one really has a size restriction for whatever reasons. It doesn’t make sense at all to buy a new midsize truck.

17. Member
    Got to take the drivers side tire off to change the oil filter.
    Please release me,let me go.

18. iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY
    Quote Originally Posted by idbefishing View Post
    Unless one really has a size restriction for whatever reasons. It doesn’t make sense at all to buy a new midsize truck.
    Not true at all.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

The school of hard knocks is a rough way to be educated!

19. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    My brother in Michigan works for Ford and I got to see the Ranger that looks like the Raptor, very cool looking! It had a turbo diesel & 8 speed auto, but that won’t be available here for years. He said it was a torque monster! He has a flip phone...excuse the photo!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

20. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by idbefishing View Post
    Not everyone needs a full size, a midsize will perform very well for a large number of people.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast