Guess where my shotgun is:

The same place in my safe where I left it last year after I cleaned it at the end of duck season. I’m not sure what has happened but there ain’t no ducks nowhere so it’s either the fault of the Donald or the empress of despair but I am writing this season off. USFWS can enjoy my $25 donation.
    You can lead a horticulture,
    but you can't make her think.

It sure has been pitiful...
    '06 Xpress X19 TS | 150 Yamaha VMAX

3. Member
    Gonna try again Sunday, but I'm not holding my breath. Calling for 5-9 inches of snow, so it could be pretty good. We'll see.

4. Member
    Plenty of uncovered food up here. They have no reason to fly south. This has been the craziest winter since I came to Michigan. Guys are upset no snow or hard water to use their sleds or ice fish.
    1994 SWIFT boat 200-SDX
    1999 Mercury EFI 150

They reduced the bag limit on geese here from 3 to 2 for the regular season. Not even worth getting up and setting out 5 dozen decoys.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

6. Member
    After reading the title I was thinking the bottom of the lake.

Same boat here, no ducks. Just no snow coverage up north. Never pushed them down.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsktball55 View Post
    Same boat here, no ducks. Just no snow coverage up north. Never pushed them down.
    Where do you hunt? Peak migration in MO occurred towards the end of November. Which is just after we in MN, SD, and ND lost the bulk of our ducks. By mid November, we had nothing to expect but the latest Mallards and divers.

You can confirm this by simply looking at counts for the duck parks and NWR's. They were there...and have been there...and gone.

North Alabama. Make. A trip to OK some years but just wrote it off this year.
    You can lead a horticulture,
    but you can't make her think.

Quote Originally Posted by RFeyoMN View Post
    Where do you hunt? Peak migration in MO occurred towards the end of November. Which is just after we in MN, SD, and ND lost the bulk of our ducks. By mid November, we had nothing to expect but the latest Mallards and divers.

You can confirm this by simply looking at counts for the duck parks and NWR's. They were there...and have been there...and gone.
    Hunt around St. Louis and then also in southeast Missouri. Never saw much as far as a peak migration. I check the duck numbers at the conservation areas all the time, they never got to where they should've been. My cousins hunt almost everyday when the ducks are flying and they never had ducks on their fields this year. According to my cousins that have a pit right outside of otter slough and another one near Duck Creek, even when the ducks are there, they are just sitting on the refuge. There is a lot of food on the actual refuge so the ducks never had to leave the safety of it. I just looked at the numbers and you are right, especially at Otter Slough, it looks like the peak migration was late November, but even when they were holding 40,000 ducks, many days the kill average was still around .5.

11. Member
    That's the problem with your duck parks! The ducks use them heavily, but never leave, especially mid to late season Mallards on the corn. And now...you have that taking place on private clubs as well.

The ducks were there, but they've just been mostly unhuntable. It will only get worse unless the MDC steps in and starts forcing these refuge managers to rotate hunt areas...in the name of disturbing and killing ducks.

12. Member
    Not enough cold and snow. Heavy push of birds just crossed into NY from Canada with this last winter blast we had. Why fly south when you have food and open water.

13. Member
    Y'all come up here to Delaware. If there's a pond in your neighborhood you're dodging goose and duck shit all around it. In the local areas there are flocks of Snow Geese that number in the thousands.
    I like the bumper sticker "If it flies, it dies".

14. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by catjuggin View Post
    North Alabama. Make. A trip to OK some years but just wrote it off this year.

There red was a peak in activity local here late nov. I saw another push a week later that was solid with green heads. They didn’t stay though. Fastest I’ve seen them come in and out in years.

Dove season seems to be about the same as well they come and go to fast

15. Member
    Every time I see this thread I think that someone’s 1600 dollar gun found its way to the bottom of the lake.
    As for activity, seen a bunch fly down Friday before the front and hope they stay through next weekend so I can get some duck hunting in

16. Member
    Every time I see this thread I think that someone’s 1600 dollar gun found its way to the bottom of the lake.
    As for activity, seen a bunch fly down Friday before the front and hope they stay through next weekend so I can get some duck hunting in

17. Member
    I live in Southwest Louisiana. It would take 3 pages to write the major problem but can be summed up in 2 letters..DU.

18. Member
    I am in Southwest Nebraska this week to shoot ducks with my in laws. I invited them thinking we'd pound the mallards in the corn. We'll be lucky if we shoot a few geese. For once shooting roosters might have to save my bacon! Usually they are just a bonus.
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"