Thread: LVS12

LVS12

Ringfry or Leonard do either of you have any screen shots you can post showing down and forward at the same time. Does not have to have fish in them I’m just want to see the coverage.

Thanks

2. Member
    I don't. Sorry. And the way the weather is looking, I won't be able to in the near future.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

3. Member
    Not happening. It's exclusive to the new 8600 series and while they've been announced they are not shipping. Have to wait until they are shipping. We can talk about the LVS12 since it's advertised as shipping. Don't know who to though, since they don't have a unit to use it on.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

4. Member
    Well ok

Can you answer a couple questions.

Does the LVS12 connect with ethernet or thur a sonar port?

The link that Fishin posted shows a down view .Looking at that does the forward and down view intersect?

5. Member
    From the specs page on the LVS12 it shows a 12 pin transducer. At the same time the 8600's show a LVS12 pin connector along with a 12 and 8 pin transducer port, as well as 2 ethernet connections. I am assuming that the 12 pin TD on LVS was designed exclusively for the 8600 port and would not work with the standard 12 pin TD port.
    ><((((º>`·._ .·´¯><((((º>`·. _ .·´¯·. ><((((º>

6. Member
    It's a 12 pin port.

I don't know about the forward and down part. I've used both (mostly down) but didn't even know you could use them both at the same time till l read it here. Haven't had a chance to try it.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

7. Member
    Oops. Tried to post a pic. Didn't work.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

8. Member
    So it uses one of the two sonar ports?

9. Member
    On the back of the 8610 there are two network ports, HDMI in, HDMI out, CVBS in, Audio, Power, USB, 12 pin XDCR, LVS XDCR, 8 pin XDCR, NMEA2000 and J1939. It plugs into the 12pin LVS port. Even though there is another 12 pin transducer port the configuration is different so you can't plug it into the wrong one.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

10. Member
    Got it
    Thanks

If you can post a pic.great but dont sweat it. lol sweat and January in Kansas will not fit into the same sentence.
    Besides i know your in a hurry to get out in that Kansas weather.
    I spent 8 years woking up there and man that cold wind was unreal. Coldest i ever been in my life.

11. Kayak fishing most wanted ClaytonHaske's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ring fry View Post
    It's a 12 pin port.

I don't know about the forward and down part. I've used both (mostly down) but didn't even know you could use them both at the same time till l read it here. Haven't had a chance to try it.

SE Kansas grass grower
    Is it the same plug that's on the lvs32? Could you plug a lvs32 into a 8600 series unit without the box, like the lvs12?

12. Member
    [QUOTE=ClaytonHaske;9940100]Is it the same plug that's on the lvs32? Could you plug a lvs32 into a 8600 series unit without the box, like the lvs12?[/QUOTE

I was told you still would need the box but Ring fry will reply with the right answer

[QUOTE=Shooter 1;9940266]
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonHaske View Post
    Is it the same plug that's on the lvs32? Could you plug a lvs32 into a 8600 series unit without the box, like the lvs12?[/QUOTE

I was told you still would need the box but Ring fry will reply with the right answer
    Yes, to run the LVS32 you still need the box with 8600.
    Garmin Pro Team

14. Member
    Lvs 32 has to go through black box.

ROCK CHALK

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter 1 View Post
    Ringfry or Leonard do either of you have any screen shots you can post showing down and forward at the same time. Does not have to have fish in them I’m just want to see the coverage.
    I made a video yesterday crappie fishing showing the down and forward at the same time. Actually made it on the 1242 reading from the 8616. Just wanted to see how the networked image looked. It's excellent. Also pulled it up on the 942xs. This is actually going to be a very good option for people using multiple units. Get an 8610 and it will show up on the other units. Really handy not to have to rotate the transducer.

Sorry to tease but it's a dang good video even though I didn't do a good job setting the range on the Forward. As soon as Garmin turns us loose, I'll post it. You'll like it.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

16. Member
    Will be looking forward to the video.
    thanks