Thread: LiveScope Zoom

LiveScope Zoom

Here is a video of the LiveScope Zoom on a 1242xsv Touch.
    I didn't do a good job with this as generally I went from normal screen to max zoom with no in between.
    Surprised that the video is not more jumpy as this was done under windy conditions.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1H_..._YJ6GbdK_9GAvP

Choose the Zoom directory.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

2. Member
    The zoom function works really well and I'm glad Garmin added it. Maybe nice to mention that you can also zoom in a combo screen. I have the PS31 and Livescope and I can zoom in on both when in splitscreen.

3. Member
    Thanks LWinchester2.

Can only hope they add the pinch/zoom feature to Echomaps.

4. Member
    The place I find it most useful is in looking at those returns that are really close to the bottom and I'm not sure if its fish or just a rock sticking up. Zoom in, see it move a little and then no doubt. At the depths most people fish the detail is good enough in the water column ordinarily to distinguish between bait and fish without it. But it has switched me from walleye fishing to crappie fishing sometimes. When I'm at 100 ft and a shallow school shows up, some that I thought were bait were actually crappie. A quick zoom makes them look like what you would see when in water 40 or 50 ft deep and then surprise. It's not bait, but crappie. Very effective tool, easy to use, and instant results. Do the pinch-zoom. Even if you're off target then just touch the screen and move you finger around to pull them to center. Want to go back instantly. The HOME button changes to BACK while in zoom. Really great implementation.

I don't expect it on the echomaps. No inside information but they've made the echomaps so good they have to do something to make you want a GPSMAP. Looks like it is going to be several things that are actually software only.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

5. Member
    I still wish they would add a bottom zoom feature to panoptix/livescope. 99% of the time i only need to see the bottom half or less of the water coulmn. Lot of wasted screen space and tiny returns without this option.

6. Member
    would be excellent for catfishing

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    Here is a video of the LiveScope Zoom on a 1242xsv Touch.
    I didn't do a good job with this as generally I went from normal screen to max zoom with no in between.
    Surprised that the video is not more jumpy as this was done under windy conditions.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1H_..._YJ6GbdK_9GAvP

Choose the Zoom directory.
    one of these?
    Last edited by munchie; 01-11-2019 at 08:37 PM.

8. Member
    I don't know why it's not showing up.

Should look like this. Try again and let me know.
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. Member
    heres a good example of what a higher pixel count can do

http://sh-meet.bigpixel.cn/?from=gro...S_bOS6R9kPo1k4

zoom in anywhere

10. Member
    The last 3 videos ( structure, target 25 140 and zoom still won't open in link and don't show up in first link.

In first link video of 1/2 oz jig at 50 ft, any guess at size of fish that was chasing it.

11. Member
    No idea as to the size of the fish in question.

Also no idea as to why links aren't working properly. I went back in and re-marked them as shareable. Here are links to those two individual folders.

Targets 25-140
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...XS?usp=sharing

Zoom
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Lo?usp=sharing

12. BBC SPONSOR
    worked for me!

13. Member
    Does the zoom feature for livescope also work on the 1242xsv non touch?

14. Member
    It doesn't on the 1042xsv non touch so I would expect not on that one too. I really don't see how it could be implemented. Looks like it would require another button.
    I guess Zoom could be added as a menu option and then use the arrow keys to select the spot to zoom in on. It would be tough to do and hard to make work very well. On the touch screen you can just simply touch the screen and move it around for what to zoom in on. Maybe they are waiting for someone to suggest what would be a good way to implement it? I'm having a bit of difficulty imagining a good way.