2006 225 Vmax HDPI, need new prop

I had a lower unit "issue" with a rock & had it replaced by insurance. I was running the stock Vmax 25 T-1 15 1/8 . It has vent holes. Shop said that prop is no longer available & put on a Mercury Mirage 25. It did not perform well. I had a rebuilt Vmax & when I put it on, it was night and day different.
    So I called Yamaha customer service & they confirmed the t-1 is no longer available. After reviewing all options he suggested TPX with vents 14.375" & 26 pitch. This because it didnt come in 25 15 1/8. he felt I would get the same hole shot & top speed and revs.
    I had a boat mechanic say he thought the hole shot wouldn't be as good and suggest a Merc Fury 4 blade 25.
    The prop will be under insurance so I want the right one.
    Thoughts?
    Thanks guys.
    CBM

2. Member
    Why not a t2? In a 25p.

3. Member
    the T1 has vents the T2 doesn't i believe and even Yamaha didn't recommend it.

4. Member
    Have you tried using the Yamaha USA propeller selector tool? It took me to the Lightning series of propellers that come with ventilation holes. Diameter of 14.75".

5. Member
    I have a 25p FXP that has vent holes added and it is stout on my Zx250 / 250 HPDI...The rpms are 6000 winter 5750 summer...based on that I would recommend nothing larger than 25p TXP probably 24p...
    The holeshot / accelleration / overall performance is very good...

6. Member
    The Yamaha Service guy & I were on that. He started down the lightning road but then switched. I can't remember exactly why.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yam911 View Post
    Have you tried using the Yamaha USA propeller selector tool? It took me to the Lightning series of propellers that come with ventilation holes. Diameter of 14.75".
    The Yamaha Service guy & I were on that. He started down the lightning road but then switched. I can't remember exactly why.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerskeeter View Post
    I have a 25p FXP that has vent holes added and it is stout on my Zx250 / 250 HPDI...The rpms are 6000 winter 5750 summer...based on that I would recommend nothing larger than 25p TXP probably 24p...
    The holeshot / accelleration / overall performance is very good...
    Thanks for the suggestion.

Get the T2 and have insurance pay for Mark Croxton to put vent holes in it.
    Steve
    2006 BassCat Puma
    2006 Yamaha 250 HPDI
    Team Daiwa!

10. Member
    I’ve heard the Solas props mimic the T1 pretty closely.

I ran a Tempest Plus, it ran similar to a T-1. Also tried a Fury, it didnt work well for me.
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

12. Member
    If it was me id buy a used t1, send it to mark and have him work his magic. Then turn in both receipts to insurance and call it done.

13. Member
    ^^^^this.
    Buy a cheap used one. Send it to mark to work and have him add PVS holes. He leaves the original vents too. I use 2 solids and 1 med plug, but that little bit of extra venting really helped my T1 spool up quicker.