Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Why did you buy Ranger??

I'll start...I had several Champions prior. They were all I knew. Wife's grandpa bought a 1995 482/175 that was crazy fast (69ish) to me when I was about 19 years old. I liked how stable it was and how much more storage it had them my Champs. It also seemed to be built better. Then I got more into tourney fishing and just fell in love with Rangers. Loved the quality of the trailer, to the gel and how they were so incredibly stable. My current boat isn't the biggest or fastest I've owned but I do think it's the best built boat I've owned and I don't think I'll ever get rid of it....After getting mine, my dad bought him a brand new one too....

When my son got into high school fishing I decided to buy a bass boat. Found a 363v is hat was a project.
    I knew Ranger was one of my the top names. The quality of that boat and the customer service led me to my second.
    2000 Ranger 520DVX 225hpdi

Watching all those Rangers during the Bassmaster TV shows was awesome. All the really good serious bass fisherman in my area had a Ranger. I bought a brand new 17' Ranger and loved it. Moved up to a 19" with a 200 and i will be in this boat for a long time. Bought it new and i have had it for 16 years. She is still beautiful and i am putting new seats in her this weekend. Not the fastest boat or the biggest boat, but the best boat for me.. I have zero complaints and zero regrets. Ranger Boats for life..

Because in my opinion, nothing fishes better with the trolling motor down than a Ranger. Boat is built like a tank and is the most solid platform in bass fishing. Might not be the fastest, but its fast enough and rides pretty darn good. Love the gel coated storage boxes and the amount of storage. Im 100% sold on pultrusion technology that Ranger uses. Stuff is so strong. Trailers are very well built. And they just look pretty
    Ranger R81VS, Mercury 175EFI w/ 25 Tempest

Cause my last boat was a nitro...jk

Kidding aside, always wanted one. Could have bought more boat with other brands on its price point but when i saw it, i loved the color, had a 150 two stroke and my wife said go for it. I really cant get a that much bigger due to the way my house is set up.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

My first boat was a 370 with a Johnson GT150. Slowest boat on the planet, but a great platform for fishing at the time. I have had eleven ranger boats since that first one. The one I enjoyed the most was a 461 with a Yamaha motor. In fact, I had a couple of 461's. My worst was a Z20, the fastest was a Z520 and the best built IMO was a 360. I currently have a 520L with the 2s Merc ProMax. Best looking boat I have had, great fishing platform, but doesn't have the zip of previous boats. However, the Ultrex TM makes up for the lack of zip. I do not tournament fish and only actually go out on the lake about 5 times a year. I simply enjoy having a Ranger and knowing I can fish whenever I want. I did own one Triton. I will never make that mistake again.

I had started out with a tracker and always wanted or dreamed of having a Ranger boat. One day a great deal come along and I could not pass up my 487 that I have had for many years. Back when I purchased the Ranger it's what I wanted and it was the best bass boat around. I knew it would last for a very long time and was built very well and would hold some value someday.

8. Member
    Can speak to the 520 and my Z521. Folks can say what they want and convience themself -- but there is no better fishing platform for stability in the world for a bass boat. Engine time per outing vice trolling motor down.

9. Member
    Because Basscat didn’t make an 18’ aluminum boat like I was in the market for and my local dealer who I’ve had great long relationship with picked up Ranger.

My 2017 is my 3rd Ranger. I had one in the 80’s, one in the 90’s and the 2017. The 2017 is BY FAR the most trouble free copy I’ve had to date.

10. BBC SPONSOR
    Rough water ride,(knowing when it gets nasty out the hunk of fiberglass I'm riding on will keep me dry and safe) trolling motor down fishing platform, Re-sale(people usually ask when it will be for sale, customer support(just had a warranty issue, took a little bit to get a call back but once I did treated me great!) Rode in them all and owned most and in today's day and age they all are good just preference. Hard to not love those 3 stripes going down the side of my boat!

11. Member
    The longest 18 foot boat with the shortest storage length & widest footprint that will fit in my garage! The Z185 does not feel cheap like the other boats in this price range.

12. Member
    Because they offer an Intracoastal version.

13. Member
    Wanted a duel console boat because my wife fishes with me. She was tired of all the wind in her face.

A buddy if mine has a 20 foot ranger duel console. We fished out of it and the rest is history.

Sold our boat and ordered a Z520C, could not be more pleased with my first Ranger.

14. Member
    My dad owned a Cajun Brute II and we were out growing it as a family. We went looking for a Ranger 395V specifically and found one. A year and a half later after new seats, gelcoat, carpet, and a new outboard we had a badass ride. Now it’s mine and I love the ability to fish and still have family or friends on the water with me.
    1984 Ranger 395V 1998 Mariner 225 Mag EFI

"A bad day of fishing, is always better then a good day at work"

15. Member
    Believe it or not, it was cheaper than the Phoenix I was looking to order. Got it just after the new models were out.
    The fit and finish was also better than other boats.

16. Banned
    I've always wanted one ever since I was a kid. Mind you there are some very nice rigs out there these days but the ranger has a soft spot in my heart.
    Last edited by jtracc; 01-10-2019 at 10:01 PM.

17. Moderator
    I gotta stir the pot a little, I have ridden in a lot of boats and size for size they don't ride as well as other boats. Guess maybe cause I came out of 3 Champions prior....much better boat though.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turfy49431 View Post
    Because in my opinion, nothing fishes better with the trolling motor down than a Ranger. Boat is built like a tank and is the most solid platform in bass fishing. Might not be the fastest, but its fast enough and rides pretty darn good. Love the gel coated storage boxes and the amount of storage. Im 100% sold on pultrusion technology that Ranger uses. Stuff is so strong. Trailers are very well built. And they just look pretty
    What he said

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dukhntr View Post
    I gotta stir the pot a little, I have ridden in a lot of boats and size for size they don't ride as well as other boats. Guess maybe cause I came out of 3 Champions prior....much better boat though.
    Yes but where is champion now? Ranger still sells a crap load of boats, I don't think that's by accident.

20. Member
    Best bass boat ever. On my 2nd Ranger I had my 1st for 19years. Always received a boat load of complements on it even though it was an older. Into my 2018L Not as fast as some but as said above but when running through ruff stuff and Trolling motor down will out fish anything on the water. Looks good going down the road to

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast