Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Governor DeSantis ?

https://www.news4jax.com/news/florid...ng-environment Well Governor, (in a British accent) hopefully you or they will have someone that is smart enough to see, that killing all the vegetation in Okeechobee is contributing to the algae blooms. Plus all the unnecessary spraying state wide that is also having an impact to local waters through out the state. But probably not...to much money changing hands and filling pockets.
    I don't always post or reply but when I do, I...?

2. Member
    This is a start... Let's see if he follows through. The sugar industry and these chemical companies that supply the weed killer have deep pockets. I wish he would hire an actual outdoorsman to run the FWC and other agencies incharge of the spraying. An independent audit/council investigating and testing the effects of the weed killer would be great too. They don't post swimming and fishing caution signs in the areas they spray because it's safe.
    Brad Krone

3. Member
    https://www.flgov.com/email-the-gove...4lbtbbsn5cp770
    I just emailed him if enough of us do this he may look into it.

Rick Someillan
    Lacoochee, Florida
    2016 21 TRX
    250 Pro XS

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PASCOFISHBOY View Post
    https://www.flgov.com/email-the-gove...4lbtbbsn5cp770
    I just emailed him if enough of us do this he may look into it.
    Thanks for posting that info.. I sent him an email as well.
    Brad Krone

5. Member
    For what it’s worth, I made a cogent plea to him. Thanks

6. Member
    Email sent!

7. Member
    I recived a reply with a number for answer from FWC. I sent some pictures I took from Kissimmee last night. If anyone can please send me pics of the damage I will keep thier ears ringing. I have a point of contact that did something I aint going to stop. 3524446516

Rick Someillan
    Lacoochee, Florida
    2016 21 TRX
    250 Pro XS

8. Member
    email sent..

9. 1/2 of ' team catfish ' ol man river's Avatar
    sending complaints to the FWC is a lost cause im afraid. gov desantis is where we need to focus our attention. the FWC is feeling the heat, but will not act until the governors office dictates it. JMHO

email sent thanks for the link

11. Member
    Glad the spraying is put on hold!

12. Member

13. Member
    So far so good ! Refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post

I hope "He (DeSantos) also wants to spend $150 million to improve water quality and $50 million to restore springs in Central Florida" isn't a backdoor into draining Rodman... Restoring springs is one of the hot button topics for the drain Rodman crowd :(.

15. Member
    Just snuck in that part about changing the water release schedule for okeechobee. Going to make it so it's super low in the dry season and dont need to let any water out in rainy season

16. Member
    Would they just give a definitive answer about spraying statewide. Everything is about Okeechobee and the everglades and no details about the spraying. Unless I'm missing something in the articles.
    I don't always post or reply but when I do, I...?

17. Member
    Spraying has been stopped and they are holding meetings, doing studies, etc. and have to report back to him.
    At this point, he's doing a GREAT job and I'm stoked. We seem to have a guy who wants to keep his job.
    And he's a native, which makes another difference. I'm 100% going to give this all a chance to be tackled.

18. Member
    Get the politicians out of your wildlife commission, biologist and scientist mainly run Missouri's. They even get there own tax money the legislature can't get their hands on.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Danbleume View Post
    Get the politicians out of your wildlife commission, biologist and scientist mainly run Missouri's. They even get there own tax money the legislature can't get their hands on.
    I'll give my opinion on that and hopefully I am proven wrong.

It seems the FWC has been taken over by the Tree Huggers who are only concerned with eliminating invasive weeds regardless of how much damage is done to native vegetation, marine life or the overall water quality. Either that or they sit in Tallahassee in an office and never see the before and after effecs of what they do. Public outcry and political pressure seem to be the only tools available to get their attention.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast