review of Fourwinds Lakeside Inn and Marina

Our girls basketball team is going to play in a tournament in Bloomington at the end of February and one of the parents has suggested the team stay at Fourwinds Lakeside inn. Is this a good place? Any issues with bedbugs? Is the restaurant food good? Oh, and should I drag the boat up there? Any fees to fish Lake Monroe and is it worth fishing there in late Feb? Thank you!!
    Hans Deters

1996 ChampioN Fishunter 190
    1996 Mariner 225 EFI
    1996 Mariner 9.9

We stayed there for the Fishers of Men District Championship a few years ago as they were the host site. Room prices seemed reasonable, but that was with a discounted rate through the FOM so I can't speak to regular rates. The hotel provided breakfast and one dinner as part of the package and it was decent. It is very close to a ramp, probably less than 1/4 mile from the hotel and very accessible. One thing you might check is boat parking. They had us parking in a grass lot away from the building and had to run electric to the location. Did not seem as though it would be real boat friendly otherwise..
    As far as location, it is a little bit of a drive into B-town.. and as far as the fishing at Monroe in February, you might as well ask old Punxsutawney Phil...

Forget about dragging your boat up in Feb unless you just want to burn more gas towing it up here. As arc said, not convenient at all as far as going in Bloomington, I'd vote no if i were you.

4. Member
    Thanks. I have to check and see how far it is from bloomington south high school. Thats where the games will be played. He was told it was very close….
    Hans Deters

1996 Mariner 225 EFI
    1996 Mariner 9.9

5. Member
    It’s about 25 minutes south of BSH. It’s ok but nothing outstanding.

6. Member
    Thank you
    Hans Deters

1996 Mariner 225 EFI
    1996 Mariner 9.9

7. Member
    20 minutes at most...easy drive....good scenery. I'd do it

8. Member
    If the primary reason for staying in Bloomngton was a basketball tournament, I wouldn’t stay at the Four Winds. It is their off season though and if you’re booking several rooms you may be able to negotiate a deeply discounted price, but there are definitely more convenient places to stay around Bloomington.