Thread: Finding bottom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Finding bottom

Its been a complete fishing season since I have had reliable depth from my hummingbird. All went to crap with the update. Are the new units having issues? Will hummingbird make us whole again or are the ones that updated out of luck and now left with worthless units? I for one will switch to another brand rather than go though another season of lost bottoms and ruined maps.
    Please release me,let me go.

2. Member
    Nobody but HB can answer your questions. I will wait since mine isn't THAT bad and SI and DI work well. If you can't wait, sell the unit and buy another brand.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownTrout View Post
    Nobody but HB can answer your questions. I will wait since mine isn't THAT bad and SI and DI work well. If you can't wait, sell the unit and buy another brand.
    Love the imaging but I use it mainly for mapping and then finding structure. Thing is why are they dragging their feet with a fix?
    Please release me,let me go.

4. Member
    What update are u currently using?

5. Member
    I'll tell you what.. I keep reading stuff like this and it ends up making my decision harder. I'm looking for a new graph, either Helix 9 mega+ or Lowrance HDS live. But umm a graph that doesn't read the depth correctly isn't any good to anyone.

If someone can help me out , what versions and models does this effect? I hope and pray that this doesn't effect the new Mega+ units. I know each has it's pros and cons but if you can do the basic depth reading correctly....

6. Member
    I really wanted to up grade my 1199 with mega units but all these threads kept me from it my 1199 works perfect. So I guess I'll keep waiting until everything gets figured out.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro
    2023 200 Pro XS 4s 3B373365

pond boat
    2020 pelican Bass raider 10E

I have a 9si and a 10si mega and I’ve never once had an issue with depth readings at any depth of bottom type, but I also have never once done an update on either unit since I bought them. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it is my motto.
    Triton Tr17, Yamaha 130
    Lund Pro V 1900, Optimax 200
    Smokercraft Pro Mag 182, Suzuki DF140
    Helix 9si, 10si mega
    Minnkota Talon, Terrova

8. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    And for others v1.840 (Helix Mega G2N models) fixed issues, while it didn't for others.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

9. Member
    As the one guy above said, is it recommend to update if the unit works fine? What do updates contain typically, just fixes?

10. Member
    Fixes are a good thing. Unfixing is not. Hopefully all will be right in the near future. Bob

11. Member
    If your system works fine now I would NOT do any software changes.

12. Member
    Time to hire a lawyer for false advertising. Obviously everyone does not have bad power and/or a bad installation. Everyone knows not all waters are made of muck or sand bottom. Its called third rock from the sun for a reason.

13. Member
    Yep! Still waiting for a fix

14. Member
    I'm just hoping they actually get a good update version out before they kinda push these gen2's to the side.
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by akaslyguy View Post
    I'm just hoping they actually get a good update version out before they kinda push these gen2's to the side.

Agree several years of issues at this point. Latest update fixed my 2d at this point but hurt my imaging. Never had a imaging problem before
    Nitro z21

Insane that the problem has been goin on this long without a fix or word from Bird. Makes me wonder what the hell is going on.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Seguin Fisher View Post
    I have a 9si and a 10si mega and I’ve never once had an issue with depth readings at any depth of bottom type, but I also have never once done an update on either unit since I bought them. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it is my motto.
    What software version are you using? Thanks

18. Member
    If I had the ambition I would be seriously considering a trip to AL and organizing a protest.

19. Member
    I’d just be happy with a fix. I may just relegate the helix to the 360 and go somewhere else for depth reading . I just got my helix back from hb and now I have new and exciting glitches ! North of 3K for something that doesn’t work. I love being beta tester!

20. Member
    I’d just be happy with a fix. I may just relegate the helix to the 360 and go somewhere else for depth reading . I just got my helix back from hb and now I have new and exciting glitches ! North of 3K for something that doesn’t work. I love being beta tester!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast