Thread: Finding bottom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    I’d just be happy with a fix. I may just relegate the helix to the 360 and go somewhere else for depth reading . I just got my helix back from hb and now I have new and exciting glitches ! North of 3K for something that doesn’t work. I love being beta tester!
    What software version was installed and on what unit?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    I’d just be happy with a fix. I may just relegate the helix to the 360 and go somewhere else for depth reading . I just got my helix back from hb and now I have new and exciting glitches ! North of 3K for something that doesn’t work. I love being beta tester!
    Just curious... did they update your software to 1.83/1.84 or what did they do that produced new glitches? I've wondered what they were actually "doing" for some that send them in lately.

...Ha, sorry Wayne, you posted basically the same question as I was typing.
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

3. Member
    They gave me a new xducer, they said there was nothing wrong with my unit .My card slots don’t work now. With a card in the unit it won’t boot up. It was not doing it when i turned it in. I’m done with it. Lesson learned I’m happy for all those who’s units work and they got there money’s worth. Me? Not so much!

4. Member
    They gave me a new xducer, they said there was nothing wrong with my unit .My card slots don’t work now. With a card in the unit it won’t boot up. It was not doing it when i turned it in. I’m done with it. Lesson learned I’m happy for all those who’s units work and they got there money’s worth. Me? Not so much!

5. Member
    Sorry double post

6. Member
    I bought a gen 1 Helix 9 last April. I used it all summer in deeper water and softer bottom without a problem. When fall came I started fishing shallower harder bottom areas and my digital depth went crazy.
    I called Hbird yesterday and they had me do the software update to 1.83. They also said to change my digital depth source from auto to 2d in the sonar menus. I do not have that option in my menus. By this time I was corresponding with the tech through email and never got a response to the fact that I don't have that option.
    Also last time I was on the lake it was icing over and my temp was reading 47degrees. I won't get on the water now until spring and I was worried that my warranty would be up but the tech said it was 2 years.

7. Member
    Is that a Helix 9 DI model? May need to be in Custom Mode under Settings Menu to see that option. It used to be called Advanced Mode before version 1.83.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

8. Member
    I try not to be negative here, but based on my observation, HB creates way too many products, even for the same generation/release. Some people take it as positive as it means options; however, I take it as negative as I doubt they have so many resources and efforts to support all products. The firmware would need many exceptions to accommodate all products at the same time.

9. Member
    No that's a si model. It's in custom mode. The tech thought I'd have the auto/2d element setting but I don't. SFW said he thinks it's only on the di model.

Quote Originally Posted by brigeton View Post
    No that's a si model. It's in custom mode. The tech thought I'd have the auto/2d element setting but I don't. SFW said he thinks it's only on the di model.
    That is a choice that the ONIX and SOLIX has.

Last edited by Wayne P.; 01-19-2019 at 05:54 PM.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

11. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    It's available on any DI units, my 688 DI had it, and the Mega SI and Mega DI units have that element selection.
    I emailed you a screenshot Lee.

RAS
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

Quote Originally Posted by sfw1960 View Post
    It's available on any DI units, my 688 DI had it, and the Mega SI and Mega DI units have that element selection.
    I emailed you a screenshot Lee.

RAS
    Now I see it on the Helix DI unit. Main menu, Sonar tab, Digital Depth Source/ Auto or 2D Element.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

13. Member
    My reference was the manual but didn't know if it was correct. It said that DI models had the setting. Thanks for confirming.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

14. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    I remembered on the 688 DI that you had to use that setting to use the old standard ice transducer I never bought/used.

I just used the supplied transom mount for the 200/455 kHz 2D, now the website says "Except DI models" for the ice transducer so maybe using 2D element only with a DI unit wasn't a good idea after all - IDK.

Because the Gen 1 Helix SI units blend the side beams to create a DI view I was pretty sure that wasn't an option, only because I have one 1st Gen 1 left and the others MSI or MDI G2N's was I able to verify Wes.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

15. Member
    Yup thanks Robert. I'll try calling hbird again next week but I doubt anything will happen until I get on the water again and verify it's still screwed up. It worked ok last year until fall when I got over the humps at 2nd and along Strawberry. Although it did screw up in one area of the Saginaw river in 16'.

The updated software addresses a relatively common issue in shallow water, in which the digital depth was displayed as a multiple (2x or 3x) of the true depth.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InternationalMarine Brian View Post
    The updated software addresses a relatively common issue in shallow water, in which the digital depth was displayed as a multiple (2x or 3x) of the true depth.

While compromising the the performance of other features that never were issues in the past.
    Nitro z21

18. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Sent you an email Lee...

RAS
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12