Lake Anna Road Trip: Moid April

Buddy and I looking for mid April destination 5-6 hours away. Lake Anna looks appealing. What kinds of water temps can I expect by mid April historically speaking.

2. Member
    In my opinion Anna is very hard to find fish if you do not know the lake. I would recommend the James or chic river myself. Just my opinion. I don't know where you are located.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

3. Member
    North Jersey

Mid April they should be pulled up on beds or cruising. Expect water temps around upper 50s to 60. There's 2 river systems uplake that tend to get pretty stained that time of year from stormwater runoff. The lower end of the lake is pretty clear.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

5. Scraps
    Anna that time of year can break your heart. Subject to any kind of weather. Not a sure thing. Potomac would be a more reliable spot.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

6. Member
    Mid April should be a really good time to hit Anna...they will be on beds downlake and should be in the grass midlake......good chance at catching some big fish...

7. Member
    check out va-outdoors.com for lots of Lake Anna Details. If you rent a house on the hotside (power plant cooling ponds), you can enjoy 2 different styles of fishing...

If you choose Anna, PM me closer to departing and I can give you some tips....
    2017 Triton TRX Patriot w/250 ProXS Optimax

8. Member
    Thanks. I was looking at renting a house on the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by cwenbass View Post
    Thanks. I was looking at renting a house on the lake.
    Shoot me a PM. My boss has a rental house on the lake.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

hey all...find a house on the hot side.....boat load of 2lb'ers all day
    Allen
    911 Bass Anglers
    Bucks County PA

11. Member
    Anna breaks my heart every time I go there. Haha
    Semper Fi

12. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by krindgen View Post
    Anna that time of year can break your heart. Subject to any kind of weather. Not a sure thing. Potomac would be a more reliable spot.
    I wanna change my answer. Just watched FU and they were on Anna. I haven't been there since electronics got a lot better. It is a classic structure fishing lake with a defined creek channel, swings and some stumps. If you like that kinda fishing it could be fun and you can catch some big fish. I caught my personal best there cranking a Poe's 400 in the summer. May not find that type of fishing on in April. I do like the way the lake is laid out, there are docks and willow grass to fish shallow. I don't know if he's still there, Dave Fontleroy was a good guide on the lake.
    2017 Phoenix 819

13. Member
    Dave is still there no longer a guide tho. The FU show was filmed in October during weekend of the AAT.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HokieV20 View Post
    Dave is still there no longer a guide tho. The FU show was filmed in October during weekend of the AAT.
    It was filmed in September during the veterans/wounded warrior whatever it is called

15. Member
    Your correct was thinking of wrong weekend

16. Scraps
    I always liked the lake and the area is nice and quiet, except for the lake in spring and summer. It just seems like in the spring the weather changed so quick every time we went down there in April. We did catch some big ones with Dave one trip spinnerbaiting that willow grass. Daaaaaaaave.
    2017 Phoenix 819

17. Member
    Can be a good time to go. Anna is awesome from March to early May. I'd be willing to possible take you out for a day. I believe we could put together soemthing good whether it's prespawn bite or sight fishing the main lake. If it's a prespawn deal, the shittier the weather the better in my opinion.

18. Member
    Anna twice a year trips. Usually mid April for spring trip this ear nottill April 24 Our group of ten have a love hatething with lake. It takes a 5lbtowin dailylunker pool one day ittook 8lb even to win pot we are light line plastic fishing so we tend to stay mid to lower lake . we rent a house on lake