Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt1212 View Post
    PS-I hope you can figure out why you don't have GOOD STATS on kids/adults that were spanked(harder to psychologically poll)
    You can add me to the statistic of being a better person because of spanking. I was scared to get in trouble because I feared the consequences. I’ve always had a great relationship with my dad. I have been in trouble one time and that was because some of us on the baseball team retaliated against another teammate for toilet papering our houses which we did back so I would say that’s pretty good. Some may so it’s wrong to be raised by fear of getting in trouble but it worked.

2. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    Well if it makes you feel better I picked my son up from daycare (he’s 2) Monday and the teacher said I need you to sign this form. I said what did he do? Teacher said the other kid had the toy he likes so he went over, took the toy and then hit the kid in the face with it. I said alrighty then. Got home and pulled the spanking spoon out. We took a wooden spoon and put a frowny face on it. Told him it was spanking spoon time. He said I spank myself and starting hitting his rear end with his hand.It took all me and my wife had not to burst out laughing.
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTTA BIG SACK View Post
    Well if it makes you feel better I picked my son up from daycare (he’s 2) Monday and the teacher said I need you to sign this form. I said what did he do? Teacher said the other kid had the toy he likes so he went over, took the toy and then hit the kid in the face with it. I said alrighty then. Got home and pulled the spanking spoon out. We took a wooden spoon and put a frowny face on it. Told him it was spanking spoon time. He said I spank myself and starting hitting his rear end with his hand.It took all me and my wife had not to burst out laughing.
    haha. It definitely makes it tough when they do something that makes you wanna bust a gut but you know if they see that reaction they’ll think it’s okay.

4. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slaunch View Post
    You can add me to the statistic of being a better person because of spanking. I was scared to get in trouble because I feared the consequences. I’ve always had a great relationship with my dad. I have been in trouble one time and that was because some of us on the baseball team retaliated against another teammate for toilet papering our houses which we did back so I would say that’s pretty good. Some may so it’s wrong to be raised by fear of getting in trouble but it worked.
    I used to be scared all day at school to go home. I still 30 years later remember some spankings I got. If I ran from mom then I got what I call the one arm dangler. She held me up by the arm while she beat me with that belt. Sometimes it was the one armed dangler from the get go. And she used to say go get the belt and you know which one. It had to be the widest thickest leather belt I’ve ever seen in my life.
    Last edited by GOTTA BIG SACK; 01-09-2019 at 10:56 PM.
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

5. Member
    I used to be scared all day at school to go home. I still 30 years later remember some spankings I got. If I ran from mom then I got what I call the one arm dangler. She held me up by the arm while she beat me with that belt. And she used to say go get the belt and you know which one. It had to be the widest thickest leather belt I’ve ever seen in my life.
    I know that action well, we called it the "dancing lesson".

6. Member
    I used to be scared all day at school to go home. I still 30 years later remember some spankings I got. If I ran from mom then I got what I call the one arm dangler. She held me up by the arm while she beat me with that belt. And she used to say go get the belt and you know which one. It had to be the widest thickest leather belt I’ve ever seen in my life.
    I guess the fear was good enough in me that I never got in trouble at school. Well I guess one time I got in trouble at school. I found a check in our street one time I was probably about my sons age now. I took the check to school and tried to use it to buy books at the book fair. I obviously knew it was wrong but didn’t know just how bad. The librarian obviously knew right away what the deal was and I had to go to the principal. He sent me home with a note and I dreaded that butt whoopin. But he was so mad he loaded me up in the truck and took me to the police station and made me tell the officer what I had done. Boy let me tell you a 7 or 8 year old kid telling what seemed like a giant man of a police officer will flat out put the fear of God in you. I never did anything at school that warranted a phone call or not sent home again.

7. Member
    You did the right thing. Its not easy being Dad. I have 5 boys and 3 Step daughters.
    I see a couple of snowflake remarks on discipline. I believe 100 percent in spanking if done in love and the child is aware of what he or she did wrong.
    My boys were good, rambunctious and ...well boys! Two of them I adopted as toddlers, so I had 3 boys that were all near the same age. In the end I had 4 teenage boys at once. I have seen it all. Setting the roof on fire. The yard on fire. Flipping and destroying my 4 wheeler. Blowing up their toilet. Flipped a couple of cars. If you don't think I didn't wear some butt out, your sadly mistaken.
    With the girls, all I had to do was speak. Their downfall was usually their mouth!
    I remember my Grandmother trying to smoke my a$$ with a belt while she was driving. She would scare the hell out of us doing that because she wasn't watching the road. She would load all the Grand boys in the car and take us to City Park in New Orleans. Bravest woman around. Memory Lane!
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

8. Member
    I know the feeling. There's one thing that hurts more than that, and I hear it entirely too much from one of my kids. "I hate you."

That one stings. As much as it upsets me, I don't know how to respond to it because he's not your typical kid. He has a bit of a learning disability, so he has trouble with expressing emotions and such. He's great in school, doesn't have any problems with any other kids, or teachers. Thankfully he only acts up at home. That's the most difficult thing, trying to discipline a child who may or may not quite comprehend what's going on.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hoozier View Post
    Son, being violent is wrong. Don't do that!
    *Punishes son with violence

Didn't take Dr Spock long to sahow up !

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    They have to learn...yeah it’s tough on the parent. Why did he push a girl that’s a friend? Doesn’t sound like he’s the type of kid to do that. At 7 he doesn’t see the differences between boys and girls in the ways we do; so the fact it was a girl isn’t all that shocking. My daughter is 13, and now knows the difference, but at 7 she didn’t see boys as any different from her.
    Sometimes its as simple as needing attention. Sometimes we admire out daughters for being smart, pretty, and cater to their wishes such as where to eat and what movie to see while expecting the boy to be silent. A friend isfacing this with a high school boy. Awealthy grandfather-lawer showers the granddaughter with expensive golf lessons and golf trips to his large home in N C and Myrtle Beach area he is paying for college and she is on the golf team there. he was suspended last year and was just allowed to return to school in January. I have taken him fishing but he has a lot of resentment built up as a result.H just doesent know how to deal with it. Seems to be a result of being poor parenting. This is a very common occurance it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by TritonMan250 View Post
    If more kids had a got a good ass busting while young we may not have as many problems with the younger generation.
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by remaly181 View Post
    There is no evidence proving that an adult physically disciplining a child turns them into productive members of society. Conversely, there are loads of statistics showing that they will be more likely to be in prison than be successful. The number of prison inmates who lived in homes where violence was the first resort is astounding. Physical discipline rarely starts and stops with a mere swat on the behind. It escalates to the point of objects being used and harder strikes resulting in visible injuries. Also, children who are physically disciplined have just as much if not more emotional and behavioral problems than children who are disciplined in other forms. Using a form of violence to curb violence is contradictory. The message is confusing for children especially at 7 who are not capable of comprehending the simplest of lessons. I certainly don't condone people hitting their children, but if that's your thing than so be it. It should also be pointed out that the vast majority of domestic abusers were physically disciplined as children. Violence is a reactionary, primitive response. I know, I know.. I've been on this site long enough to know that a large contingency of the members on here were beaten with bags of bricks by their grandmothers and have since built statues in their honor. I work in the child abuse business and see all sorts of things everyday. Most of which was borne out of plain ignorance or poor impulse control.
    Might as well toss my personal 'endorsement' of this statement on the wood pile.
    Burn away, I'm good with it. It's none of my business what anyone thinks of me.

13. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    There is no evidence proving that an adult physically disciplining a child turns them into productive members of society. Conversely, there are loads of statistics showing that they will be more likely to be in prison than be successful. The number of prison inmates who lived in homes where violence was the first resort is astounding. Physical discipline rarely starts and stops with a mere swat on the behind. It escalates to the point of objects being used and harder strikes resulting in visible injuries. Also, children who are physically disciplined have just as much if not more emotional and behavioral problems than children who are disciplined in other forms. Using a form of violence to curb violence is contradictory. The message is confusing for children especially at 7 who are not capable of comprehending the simplest of lessons. I certainly don't condone people hitting their children, but if that's your thing than so be it. It should also be pointed out that the vast majority of domestic abusers were physically disciplined as children. Violence is a reactionary, primitive response. I know, I know.. I've been on this site long enough to know that a large contingency of the members on here were beaten with bags of bricks by their grandmothers and have since built statues in their honor. I work in the child abuse business and see all sorts of things everyday. Most of which was borne out of plain ignorance or poor impulse control.

Is there any evidence of time out working better than spanking. Or how about evidence of just talking to the child working better than a spanking. ????? You mention evidence, just like many others, but I have yet to see studies, only opinions. There is no way of knowing how many kids were spanked once or twice in life and never went to jail to compare to the kids who were spanked once or twice and ended up in jail. It's not like my father reported my spankings to the thought police. But I never ended up in jail.
    Thanos was the hero

14. Banned
    I have 8 grandchildren. You can tell who the parents are just by how the kids act. Some get disciplined and the others get "Talked" to and things explained to them about why their hands are made for good things not hitting other people yada,yada,yada. Its about enough to make me want to spank the adults. They can bail their own juveniles out of jail when they get older.

15. Member
    Lets see, My generation and the generation before me? Show up to school with shotgun and rifle on rack in back of truck. No problems. Respect teachers and police. Respect elders.
    Todays generation, School shootings. Police shootings at all time high. Prisons cant hold the volume of law beakers so set free.
    Child abuse and discipline do not go hand in hand. If it did, everyone that ever went thru the military would abuse their kids, rob. Rape...ect

Todays society is all you need to look at to see the change. Its evident in the news and in department stores. Look around.

Back to the OP's post.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Never hears a spanking called assault before Talked about screwing up kids, it's a spanking not assault for crying out loud.
    Exactly. What the hell is wrong with some people?! Lol

17. Banned
    And this is just one of the many reasons why are society is heading in the direction it’s going. Too many out there think like this nowadays.....

18. Banned
    If you don't understand the difference between discipline and abuse you shouldn't reproduce.

To the OP.....good job it's not easy being a parent but in the long run you and he will be thankful you did.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    You did the right thing. Its not easy being Dad. I have 5 boys and 3 Step daughters.
    I see a couple of snowflake remarks on discipline. I believe 100 percent in spanking if done in love and the child is aware of what he or she did wrong.
    My boys were good, rambunctious and ...well boys! Two of them I adopted as toddlers, so I had 3 boys that were all near the same age. In the end I had 4 teenage boys at once. I have seen it all. Setting the roof on fire. The yard on fire. Flipping and destroying my 4 wheeler. Blowing up their toilet. Flipped a couple of cars. If you don't think I didn't wear some butt out, your sadly mistaken.
    With the girls, all I had to do was speak. Their downfall was usually their mouth!
    I remember my Grandmother trying to smoke my a$$ with a belt while she was driving. She would scare the hell out of us doing that because she wasn't watching the road. She would load all the Grand boys in the car and take us to City Park in New Orleans. Bravest woman around. Memory Lane!
    Wow, this made me laugh. Not at you getting spanked CajunHunter, but at the image of an old woman trying to spank a kid while driving.

Growing up it was 6 kids in my family. 5 boys and 1 girl. Dad had an old Buick Estate wagon with 3 rows of seats. If you were in the second row, he could reach back and get you while driving. In the third row, well his arm just wasn't long enough. On a trip to my grandmothers house we were acting up in the 3rd row and Dad was yelling and threatening to pull over. We never thought he would do it. I believe the longest 5 seconds of my life were his walk from the front seat to the rear hatch of that wagon on the side of I-84 in Pa. I'm 54 now and could drive to the exact spot he stopped that day.

To the OP, you're a good Dad and your son is a fine boy. Sometimes being a parent means being the bad guy.

BS!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast