Thread: Fish Brain App

Fish Brain App

I just read a article about the fish brain App I had never heard about this until today, has anyone tried it ? I did a google search on it and and found a review on it but it didn't say much about how it is compared to other Apps. I have never recorded my fishing day because I thought it was a waste of time that you could be fishing and I just alway went off of my memory. I am getting older and can't remember things like I use to. Do you think fish brain is a good App for recording your catch ? What type of App do you use if any, what are the Pros and Cons of the App.

2. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    In all the years of fishing, somehow I have been blessed to have a very good memory. Now names.... different story

3. Member
    I just put basic information on my calendar on my phone and set to repeat yearly. I love fishing ledges and it’s amazing how this has helped me. There are some ledges i don’t go to until certain dates because the fish aren’t there. Some turn on quicker than others. Also, just the basic information help me remember exactly what i did on that particular day.

4. Member
    It's great! I've been on it for about 4 years (almost since the start). I typically don't share my exact locations and sometimes not baits, the great thing is you can share as much, or as little as you want. I look at the app more as a "Facebook" of fishing where it's fishing pictures only and none of the other BS to have to scroll through. There are a ton of pro anglers on it (Scott and Roland Martin, Ike, ect) just like other social media. You can follow specific species, types of fishing, bodies of water, ect, so it's totally customizable to what you want to see. Try the free version and see if you like it! I am @gbsmallie on there too
    2015 Ranger rt188/115 Etec

5. Member
    One more thing about the app...I post most all of my fish pictures on the app, and when my old phone crashed with no cloud backup a couple years ago, I was able to salvage all of my fishing pictures that would have been gone forever had I not uploaded them to Fishbrain....so glad that I had a way to retrieve them!

6. Member
    The only thing I don't like about it is all the fish laying in the dirt with people's foot next to them to show the size.
    i think they could do more to promote better handling of the fish.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro
    2023 200 Pro XS 4s 3B373365

pond boat
    2020 pelican Bass raider 10E

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by haftafish22 View Post
    In all the years of fishing, somehow I have been blessed to have a very good memory. Now names.... different story
    I have the same problem. I think I got it from my wife, whatshername.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by born 2 fish View Post
    The only thing I don't like about it is all the fish laying in the dirt with people's foot next to them to show the size.
    i think they could do more to promote better handling of the fish.
    I agree with that, but i don't see much the app can do about that, it's up to other users to gently inform them in my opinion...

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbsmallie View Post
    I agree with that, but i don't see much the app can do about that, it's up to other users to gently inform them in my opinion...
    One thing they can do is get Scott and Roland to help promote the handling of fish. By the way you post up some nice smallmouth
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro

pond boat

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by born 2 fish View Post
    One thing they can do is get Scott and Roland to help promote the handling of fish. By the way you post up some nice smallmouth
    That's a good idea since everyone sees those posts. Thanks, what's your name on there?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbsmallie View Post
    That's a good idea since everyone sees those posts. Thanks, what's your name on there?
    I don't post very much.
    Jh487743
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro

pond boat

I have it on my phone but I won't upgrade to the premium to use that function. I just mark Fisk on a paper lake map.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

13. Member
    I thought about getting it but I know the more people who use it around here, the more it’ll just ruin the lakes and increase boat traffic. By blasting where you caught them all over social media, it’ll ruin the fisheries in the long run. I just use navionics now and frequent the lakes enough to know where they are setting up during each season.

There’s a bay on Lake Ontario that was always where 90% of the tournaments were won and 20lb bags of smallmouth were considered average at best. Now because people started sharing pics and giving out spots all over Social media and forums, you’ll be lucky to get two or three 4lb fish, not 20-30 a day. dont get me wrong I have no problem with people posting lake conditions and what not, but the oversharing of who, what, when, where, how, and why on social media Will bite you in the end
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    I thought about getting it but I know the more people who use it around here, the more it’ll just ruin the lakes and increase boat traffic. By blasting where you caught them all over social media, it’ll ruin the fisheries in the long run. I just use navionics now and frequent the lakes enough to know where they are setting up during each season.

There’s a bay on Lake Ontario that was always where 90% of the tournaments were won and 20lb bags of smallmouth were considered average at best. Now because people started sharing pics and giving out spots all over Social media and forums, you’ll be lucky to get two or three 4lb fish, not 20-30 a day. dont get me wrong I have no problem with people posting lake conditions and what not, but the oversharing of who, what, when, where, how, and why on social media Will bite you in the end
    There is alot of truth to this for sure! I have plenty of spots of my own that have become crowded after a bit too much info put out on social media platforms. That's actually why I enjoy Fishbrain, you don't have to share any of that info if you don't want to. I even will blur my backgrounds if needed before posting...the last we need is more ruined spots!