920 Pro XP with Merc 250 Pro XS 2 stroke prop question

I am running a Fury 3 25 pitch currently and am considering getting a 26 pitch. With the 25, I am getting speeds between 78.1 and 78.5 mph with rpms from 5990 to 6040 depending on where I have my hydraulic jackplate. These runs were with no current and a slight 3 mph wind. Water temp was 48 deg and air was 58 deg. How do you think my boat would run with the 26? Would it hit 80 mph, and would I still have enough rpms?

2. Member
    I would say that if you had the prop worked a bit, it would do better than a 26P. Could be wrong as every scenario is different.

3. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    I have to agree with getting a worked 25 based on your info, those are good numbers but thats pushing it on the RPMs, a 26 will bring those RPMs down but more than likely not run any faster, the 26 would be a great cool weather prop but may slow you down in the summer. a worked 25 will be a better solution for both .
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

4. donnybassfishing..com
    Is those numbers loaded, power poles, one guy etc? If so I wouldn’t do that thing! Perfect numbers. Add a guy and you will be right where you need to be plus some water in the wells etc.

5. Member
    That's 1 person, 2-8ft power poles,1/2-3/4 tank of gas, livewells empty

6. Member
    Those are perfect numbers!..... like the reply before “ a 26 will probably just drop your rpm ? speed will likely stay the same !

7. Member
    Do not get a Fury prop worked. More often than not they are not as good after being worked.

8. Member
    Nice numbers.
    Nice prop.
    maybe just raise the motor a tad and use see if you can use less trim
    “80” your close
    Last edited by capt odie; 01-11-2019 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Left word out

9. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Wouldn't mess with it. You got 80mph on any given day with that setup. Doubt you will see 80mph regular tho. Be happy with what you have, seems you got a good one. Best numbers I've heard of with that boat & motor yet. Congrats!

10. Member
    What year is the boat/motor?

11. Member
    My boat/motor is a 2016