Thread: Mega SI Help

Mega SI Help

I have a Solix 12 that I have been working with for months and I still cant seem to get the SI dialed in. I've toggled sensitivity, contrast, color, max/clear mode, speed (2-5mph), leveled the transducer etc.. The mega images seem to be dark (have to turn sensitivity to 17 to view the bottom in >15ft in super clear water) and grainy (sharpness off). Any ideas on how I can get the pics to clear up? I'm not getting anything close to the images posted on some of these threads.

2. Member
    Are you running the Di and Si on the same frequencies? If so, then change the frequency sweep range to where the di frequency doesn't overlap the si frequency.
    Last edited by ntslam; 01-09-2019 at 11:01 AM.

3. Member
    Can you post some screen shots to look at and a good pic from behind your boat showing where your transducer is?
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

Nathan, you my already now buy give this guys course a chance..

http://www.wackyriggers.com

Roy will get you squared away..
    2001 Ranger 518DVX Comanche / Mercury 200 Opti (OT306368)

5. Member
    I've had a similar issue as Hycoducks with a Helix 10 Mega G2. I have to turn sensitivity way up to even see the SI on 1200. I put it on 800 and get very good SI. I have been running DI on 1200, which looks good, but I will swap that up per ntslam's recommendation. Thanks!

6. Member
    I believe I’m having the same issues as these guys my DI looks fantastic, but SI looks dull and not sharp at allen

7. Member
    I believe I’m having the same issues as these guys my DI looks fantastic, but SI looks dull and not sharp at allen

Does your Si look better when you have the trolling motor on? That is the only way my Si works well. If not using TM it is very dark and looks like crap.

Not talkin about boat speed

9. Member
    Never looked at it when the TM was running b/c it's at the console but I wouldn't understand how those two things would be related. And yes, 455 and 800 SI both look good--the mega just sucks. I played with the frequency(s) and overlap between mega di/si and that didn't help.

10. Member
    Played with mine some this weekend, bump your chart speed up to 10

When I first got my Helix 12 Mega the SI was amazing. I like the 2nd color palette, I believe it’s amber. One day I totally lost the left SI and the right was dark. I bought a new transducer and the SI is now working on both sides but very dark on both sides. I just did a software update but haven’t been back on the water to see if that helped any.

Jim Ebarb
    Many, LA (Toledo Bend Lake)
    2004 BassCat Cougar/ 225 Optimax

Humminbird Helix 12 Mega SI on Ram Mount and Lowrance HDS 8 in dash at console
    Humminbird Helix 12 Mega DI on Balzout mount and Lowrance HDS 7 at the bow