Shearon Harris/Falls Lake lodging

Looking at coming down in March. Any suggestions on where to stay that has good parking and boat hook ups that's close to both? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by triton tr200 View Post
    Looking at coming down in March. Any suggestions on where to stay that has good parking and boat hook ups that's close to both? Thanks

3. Member
    Are you looking for one hotel that is close to both or separate hotels that are close to either lake? The lakes are not close to one another for one central hotel.
    2011 21xrd
    2011 250 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by cn8165 View Post
    Are you looking for one hotel that is close to both or separate hotels that are close to either lake? The lakes are not close to one another for one central hotel.
    Well, they aren't that far apart either so you could sit in the middle somewhere and only be about 30 minutes from each. That's more or less where I live but not a lot of hotels here. And a motel is usually better because you can more easily run an extension cord out to charge the boat.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

Are you coming for the MLF tournament in March? If you like camping, there are camp grounds on Falls and Jordan, the other lake in the area. They are nice places with typically clean bathhouses. I've camped at a few and always had a good experience. Lots of local RVs for rent on sharerv.com for about $100 a night.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

There is one or two boat friendly places in Creedmoor NC off of 85 at exit 191 that would put you close to Falls, maybe 45 minutes to Harris from there.
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by berudd View Post
    Are you coming for the MLF tournament in March? If you like camping, there are camp grounds on Falls and Jordan, the other lake in the area. They are nice places with typically clean bathhouses. I've camped at a few and always had a good experience. Lots of local RVs for rent on sharerv.com for about $100 a night.
    How big are the Rvs??Is that $100 all year long
    a night?

8. Member
    We're are coming the weekend before MLF event. Planning on coming down Friday and fishing the evening on Harris. Saturday start on Harris and make a move to Falls mid day if we're struggling. Sunday make decision between the two or hit Buggs on the way home. It didn't look to be that far apart to me but we're use to driving 1+ to our closest lake. I probably would rather be closer to Harris. I called a Holiday Inn/Apex.. they said they had some outdoor plugs by the pool area. Anybody stayed there?

9. Member
    I live real close to there. Parking might be tight. Better have a couple long cords. You might end up parking on the street there.
    Last edited by bbbill; 01-11-2019 at 03:35 PM.

If you arent dead set on fishing Falls, Jordan might be a good option for you, it is only about 15 minutes from Harris. It fishes similar to Falls and has the same big bass potential.

There is a Baymont in Sanford that some guys have used when we had BFLs on Jordan that is boat friendly.

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilslure View Post
    If you arent dead set on fishing Falls, Jordan might be a good option for you, it is only about 15 minutes from Harris. It fishes similar to Falls and has the same big bass potential.

There is a Baymont in Sanford that some guys have used when we had BFLs on Jordan that is boat friendly.
    This is a great option.
    Russell Winneberger
    2002 Stratos 20 XL
    ColorVision Painting

12. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    The Econo Lodge on 421 in Sanford has Parking and outside rooms, right beside the bay breeze seafood restaurant, 15 min from Jordan, 20 min to Harris

https://goo.gl/maps/jX4H7UcYSMn
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

Quote Originally Posted by Borderman View Post
    How big are the Rvs??Is that $100 all year long
    a night?
    It varies. You'll have to go to the site and look it up. Outdoorsy is another one.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilslure View Post

Looked at this online.. not very good reviews.? Don't need a 5 star but don't mind paying for decent. Am I missing something on Baymont? Thanks

I have never stayed there but remember seeing boaters staying there for BFLs or Warriors on the Water.

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

Sounds to me like you are coming to fish Harris and going to stop at Falls on the way back. If that's the case, I would stay at one of the hotels at Hwy 55 and US 1 in Apex,NC (probably not the Rodeway Inn though). Being local, I've never stayed at any of these.

Comfort Inn, 1411 E Williams St, Apex, NC 27539
    Here's the reason. Afternoon traffic. Most of the traffic is north of the motel, Harris is South of there. There's a 24 hr Waffle House in walking distance and an ABC Store between the two (that's all that's between the two.

Holiday Inn
    1006 Marco Dr, Apex, NC 27502

Candlewood Suites
    1005 Marco Dr, Apex, NC 27502

WoodSpring Suites
    901, Lufkin Rd, Apex, NC 27539

All are at the same intersection. As I stated, I don't know if they are boater friendly, but you can call and see. You would be 35-45 min from Barton's creek Ramp on Falls and 25-30 minutes from Jordan. Splitting a day between 2 lakes I would opt for Harris and Jordan, ramp to ramp is 15-25 mins.

I am not familiar with the Sanford hotels mentioned and they are a bit further south of Harris, so you would be further from Jordan and or Harris.