Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Thanks guys, I use the knot that Shaw Grigsby ties or a uni knot I. I am thinking that 18lb Sniper might be this season's line of choice, the diameter is about where I want it. I was using the same 1000 yd spool of the Abrazx and it didn't break on the swim jig rod, chatterbait rod or crankin rod so it had me thinking. I set the hook with a touch of anger so going up in size is probably a requirement.

2. Member
    I used Trilene 100% and would break off on occasion with 15lb, when I stepped up to 17lb I had no more problems so upsizing may be a simple fix for you.

3. Member
    FWIW for close quarters I use Sunline Flippin' FC. It has a bit more stretch, and I'm not gentle on the hookset (I made a 15' pitch, got a bite, set the hook and launched the fish clean over my boat.). I have no problem with InvizX on moving baits like chatterbaits, crankbaits, but I don't use it up close and personal. My jig rod gets 18lb Flippin' FC. It's expensive, but I use a 50lb braid backing and only about 40-50yds of it since it's close quarters. I'll cast jigs with it occasionally and get close to the backing, but I'm not fishing a football jig or anything like that with it, it's mostly closer quarters.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

20 lb super silver thread or excaliber for flipin, do not use AN-40 though
    Thank You Leon Pugh

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by born 2 fish View Post
    I've been using a Palomar knot for years and never had a failure.
    Ive never had a failure with the Palomar. I only tie 2 knots. Learn to tie 2 knots very well and forget all the others

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadG View Post
    I have been using Seaguar Abrazx. 15lb
    This is what I use with jigs and have never had a problem with line breakage, casting or pitching

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12