Thread: Boat Rides

Boat Rides

I like to read posts about how “my boat rides, who’s is best etc.
    I’m from the Ranger TR10 years with 85HP screaming!
    Of course, fishing tournaments since 1974 I’ve been in 3-4’ waves, “laughing all the way,in 85HP open sleigh “.
    We just did it! No fear.
    Times have changed ride attitude of anglers.
    The Ranger TR10 provided to the Classic contenders in the 70s was discribed as this best ride ever!
    more room, best Livewell, etc I had one too.
    This boat was liked 4’ wide flat bottom 17’ long everyone made it back to weigh in!
    Some posters here will pay $ to go to amusement park and take rough rides laughing All the way!
    but 2’ chop in tin boat is brutal.
    I went from a 1993 347v to an RT198P and really, I pay no attention to the RIDE.
    Its fine. I fish many events a year and my attention is to fish. A good boat handler can deal with wind conditions.
    If it is to windy to fish here,the event is cancelled or we can trailer the 21’ glass and tin boats home or trailer them to safer water.

2. #FRB
    People buy the 21' boat with a 250 because they can whether it be the BBC way of paying cash or just making the payments stretched out over 15 years. Around here you don't hear of tournaments being cancelled because of conditions usually. Just think of how many guys have a 21' glitter sled that CAN'T drive it worth a crap.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.