8ft Talon prices?

Best prices for 2 new 8ft Talons? Any recommendations?

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Bassman25/FTO marine

PM sent Josh

Take a look at American Legacy Fishing Ebay store... I purchased 2 new 10ft Talons (current generation) for $1,525 each. Made an offer at $1500 and they came back with the $1,525 counter offer. No shipping fee and no taxes. Came to my door in 3 days, UPS.... They have all the sizes on their site for sale....

Good luck..
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Freed3 View Post
    Best prices for 2 new 8ft Talons? Any recommendations?
    do you need brackets or just the Talons. I ask because I can sell as a package, but can't reduce price of Talons due to MinnKota's pricing policy for dealers. I can sell the Talon at regular price and sell the $350.00 bracket for $50.00 as a package. Call me if I can help.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

6. BBC SPONSOR
    John is very correct, if someone is pricing publicly online below MAP pricing, then its a violation of MAP laws and regulations. Package pricing is the only way we can sell these talons to avoid any kind of violation. I see this all the time on ebay and several other online stores, be weary of someone selling below MAP, they are more than likely not legit or breaking some laws. Just my $.02. Either myself of Jones trolling motor can provide you with pricing, John has been a long time sponsor of the boards and can fix anything!
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

if someone is pricing publicly online below MAP pricing, then its a violation of MAP laws and regulations
    They post a price that is higher but apparently accept a lower offer. Not publicly posting that offer, probably allows them to avoid getting caught, I guess..
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

8. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by KCLOST View Post
    They post a price that is higher but apparently accept a lower offer. Not publicly posting that offer, probably allows them to avoid getting caught, I guess..
    Exactly
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KCLOST View Post
    They will get caught when either MinnKota purchases a trollingmotor/unit from them, gets the receipt and /or runs the serial number as to who supplied it. They will also get caught when there is a warranty claim on the trollingmotor/unit and we (ASC's) send in the original invoice showing the amount paid for the trolling motor/Talon. The problem is, Usually the discounted items are coming from non dealers. Non dealers have nothing to loose as MinnKota isn't the one shipping trolling motors to them. The ones that will loose is the supplier when the serial number is ran and it's determined where it was originally shipped. If a retailer is dishonest enough to try and circumvent MinnKota's pricing policy, do you think that retailer would be dishonest enough to try and circumvent anything else. Just a thought. However, at this time it is a buyer wins type thing -- until he attempts to get service. We as ASC's and dealers will make sure "our" customers (or customers of MinnKota dealers that can be determined simply by the sales receipt) are taken care of first.
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    [/SIGPIC]

10. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonestrollingmotor View Post
    They will get caught when either MinnKota purchases a trollingmotor/unit from them, gets the receipt and /or runs the serial number as to who supplied it. They will also get caught when there is a warranty claim on the trollingmotor/unit and we (ASC's) send in the original invoice showing the amount paid for the trolling motor/Talon. The problem is, Usually the discounted items are coming from non dealers. Non dealers have nothing to loose as MinnKota isn't the one shipping trolling motors to them. The ones that will loose is the supplier when the serial number is ran and it's determined where it was originally shipped. If a retailer is dishonest enough to try and circumvent MinnKota's pricing policy, do you think that retailer would be dishonest enough to try and circumvent anything else. Just a thought. However, at this time it is a buyer wins type thing -- until he attempts to get service. We as ASC's and dealers will make sure "our" customers (or customers of MinnKota dealers that can be determined simply by the sales receipt) are taken care of first.
    Always best to deal with authorized dealers no matter what you purchase. Protects the consumer in the long run.

11. Member
    MAP price (Minimum Advertise Price). You can sell for a loss if you want to, but you cant advertise a lower price. Learned this lesson back when I owned a sporting goods store, needless to say Abu Garcia had MAP, but Bass Pro was selling the c3 in store cheaper than i could buy them. Contacted Abu, they told me that I could sell them at a loss if I wanted to compete. I dont Abu Garcia anymore, lol...
    No laws broken

12. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mullins057 View Post
    MAP price (Minimum Advertise Price). You can sell for a loss if you want to, but you cant advertise a lower price. Learned this lesson back when I owned a sporting goods store, needless to say Abu Garcia had MAP, but Bass Pro was selling the c3 in store cheaper than i could buy them. Contacted Abu, they told me that I could sell them at a loss if I wanted to compete. I dont Abu Garcia anymore, lol...
    No laws broken

13. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    No laws broken

14. Member
    No laws broken
    Not the case with Johnson Outdoors / MinnKota and Humminbird. Here is a copy/paste from letter received by all dealers from Johnson Outdoors regarding selling their product:

In the case of a dealer pricing below our suggested levels (including e-commerce add to
    cart lower prices, the offering of effective discounts in the form of associated premiums,
    free goods, gift certificates, rebates or other vehicles), or if suggested retail prices are
    not listed individually within a combination package or bundle, Minn Kota reserves the
    right, at our discretion, to suspend product shipments covered by this pricing policy to
    that account.

Tell me how you can read that to be OK with discounting the pricing?
    Friday 8am-12pm
    [/SIGPIC]

15. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonestrollingmotor View Post
    Not the case with Johnson Outdoors / MinnKota and Humminbird. Here is a copy/paste from letter received by all dealers from Johnson Outdoors regarding selling their product:

In the case of a dealer pricing below our suggested levels (including e-commerce add to
    cart lower prices, the offering of effective discounts in the form of associated premiums,
    free goods, gift certificates, rebates or other vehicles), or if suggested retail prices are
    not listed individually within a combination package or bundle, Minn Kota reserves the
    right, at our discretion, to suspend product shipments covered by this pricing policy to
    that account.

Tell me how you can read that to be OK with discounting the pricing?
    John I dont believe he was reffering to Johnson Outdoors directly, think he was giving a "general discription of what MAP is so the general public understand. obviously there are acceptions/rules such as you stated by Johnson outdoors.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    John I dont believe he was reffering to Johnson Outdoors directly, think he was giving a "general discription of what MAP is so the general public understand. obviously there are acceptions/rules such as you stated by Johnson outdoors.
    I understand, but MAP is so Generic and several thinks it means what was mentioned above -- the lesser prices couldn't be advertised but changed at checkout and is true on some items. However, as shown above, Johnson Outdoors and Lowrance are two that "take issue"
    John
    Friday 8am-12pm
    [/SIGPIC]