2006 Optimax 115 4 Beeps every 2 minutes

I am getting the 4 beeps every two minutes. I have checked to see if any water was in the fuel separator and had zero water. My question is what is the best way to get access to the oil tank sensor? I am unable to reach that sensor with the top cowl off. Do I need to remove the lower cowl? I know there are issues with the oil float in the tanks going bad but I want to confirm this before I replace the tank. The tank has plenty of oil in it. This is my fathers boat and it has set in the garage for at least 3 years. The last time the boat was ran was when I had it on Norris 3 1/2 years ago. Also wondering if I should drain all the old oil out of it and start with fresh oil. The boat will give me a continuous beep at high RPM's but if I back off its runs fine at about 39 mph just the 4 beeps every 2 minutes. Unfortunately the boat hasn't had a lot of maintenance done to it. I have replace all the batteries so far.

2. Member
    suggest you get it checked with merc scan to verify ,drain wont help, yes need to pull cowls off to replace tank any way
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................