2016 175 txw livewell recirc / drain doesn't work

I've had since new my 2016 175txw, I rarely use the livewell, but decided to fire it up today. The fill switch pumps water in just fine. The recirc / pump out switch doesn't do anything. I've push / pulled the red thing in the livewell, neither position does anything. If I turn on the fill switch (constant), you can hear a motor running. If I turn on the drain switch (constant), there is no sound. Before I start tearing into things, does anyone have experience with this? I'm assuming the fill pump and drain pump are 2 different pumps?
    1. where is the drain pump located?
    2. Any ideas how to proceed / what to check?
    Thanks in advance for any help / support.
    Cheers,
    Roger

The recirculated and pump out, pump is on the back of the live well. Start with fuse. If that doesn’t do it check wires for power to the pump. If that’s go, you can buy a insert motor for the pump. No need to replum anything. You’ll have to take the batteries out to get to the pump.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

3. Member
    It has a 5 year warranty so you shouldn't have to buy anything out of pocket.
    Born to fish, forced to work.

4. Member
    So is there a circuit breaker for the livewell pumpout or just a fuse? Not sure how that timer thing works electrically. Is the fuse block under dash?
    I'll check the fuses (circuit breakers?), and if it's anymore than that, I guess an hour drive to Bass Pro is in order for warranty work...
    Thanks folks.

5. Member
    Well, I found the fuse box. The 5a fuse was blown. Put a new one in and it didn't blow until after I hit the switch. I hit the switch and it immediately blew. Looks like a warranty trip to Bass Pro is in my future. Other than this small hiccup, my 175txw has been an awesome boat. Thanks for all the info guys.
    Cheers,
    Roger

6. iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY
    Might be a bad connection heating that wire up bad.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

7. Member
    Pump might be stuck from not being run.

8. Member
    Taking her into Tracker Marine Wednesday. They think it is a seized pump, but hopefully I'll know for sure Wednesday evening after they fix it :) Will let you know..
    Thanks,
    Roger

Quote Originally Posted by Bullwhip View Post
    Taking her into Tracker Marine Wednesday. They think it is a seized pump, but hopefully I'll know for sure Wednesday evening after they fix it :) Will let you know..
    Thanks,
    Roger
    Might just be a stick or pebble in the pump. You could pull the pump cartridge out. If nothing is in it. Then take it into the shop.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorglenn View Post
    Might just be a stick or pebble in the pump. You could pull the pump cartridge out. If nothing is in it. Then take it into the shop.
    And then try to turn the impeller by hand a few times. I had a Tracker that the pump would stick if it wasn't used over the winter. If I took the cartridge out and turned the impeller a couple times it would work all year long as long as it got used occasionally. When the boat sat in the garage for the winter it would be stuck again in the spring. This pump was easy to get to without taking the batteries out so it wasn't a big deal.

11. Member
    Yea, that's my issue, ease of access. If it were like the bilge pump, I'd pop it out and check it myself. But disconnecting and removing batteries and then getting to the recirc pump seems like something better left to warranty repair...not looking forward to trailering the boat thru Orlando traffic, but will let you know the outcome..
    Thanks,
    Roger

G
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullwhip View Post
    Yea, that's my issue, ease of access. If it were like the bilge pump, I'd pop it out and check it myself. But disconnecting and removing batteries and then getting to the recirc pump seems like something better left to warranty repair...not looking forward to trailering the boat thru Orlando traffic, but will let you know the outcome..
    Thanks,
    Roger
    You could literally check this in less than 10 minutes.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

13. Member
    Interesting outcome. The recirc pump was cracked, the hose was leaking, the switch was wired backwards and there was a short. They spent most of the day working on it. I've had no work done on the boat, so it came from the factory that way....While they were working on it, the wife and I rode a 400ft high ferris wheel (icon orlando), and had an awesome dinner at a very nice Mexican restaurant...all is good now, seems it was worth the trip to the dealer.
    Thanks,
    Roger.