Thread: Element

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Another competitor:

Raymarine Element 9” will sell for $1229, non touch! Seems Garmin Echomap plus 93Sv + UHD ($1100) is a better solution, with the same resolution of touch screen , plus Navionics maps integrated.

Raymarine, do you hear ?
    Last edited by BassTracker175; 02-08-2019 at 03:15 PM.

2. Member
    Hear what???

Element
    * Quad core processor
    * 1.2 MHz all in one transducer - Sonar, side, down and 3D
    * 3 year warranty
    * maps - Garmin owns Navionics - Raymarine alsonowns a map company...

For the guys that don’t want to change, that’s OK. All I ask is that you don’t post an apples to oranges comparrison and suggest that Raymarine doesn’t have a clue. If the units aren’t for you that’s fine.

They are are good enough for a $50M Coast Guard contract and owned by FLIR - a little company that’s pretty important to our military.

3. Member
    I’ll also add that Garmin -UHD is a “BLACK BOX SOLUTION”. That’s a box that needs additional power and another transducer.

Element = 1 unit and 1 transducer.

4. Member
    I’m just providing feedbacks as a en user. Let’s see how successful ELEMENT will be!

5. Member
    I get it, but you’ve picked 2 units that are considerably different asked “Raymarine, do you hear”?

Yes, we hear...
    * we hear $50M Coast Guard contracts
    * we hear Raymarine ClearCruise™ Augmented Reality [AR]
    * we hear Raymarine DockSense™ assisted docking technology
    * we hear premium equipment in every category
    * we hear quad core proceasors
    * we hear Android based system for apps
    * we hear 4 and 6 channel all-in-one transducers
    * we hear FLIR cameras
    * we hear radar

The world is much bigger than “bass fishing on BBC”. Only reason I’m on hear is to let people know there is another electronics company option and helpb guys that have questions.

I’ve never once said that we want to be the biggest thing in freshwater.
    Never once said we want to compete in the $500 and under, 1 year warranty market going forward

It’s the guys that hijakck threads with images, comments and pricing analysis that’s irrelevant that make it hard for the guys genuinely interested in Raymarine.

I’m not a Quantum reel guy - guess what - I’ve never been on a Quantum reel forum discussion. I’ve never made the obvious observation that a 4 bearing xyz reel is a cheaper alternative to a 10 bb reel.

6. Member
    Your input is all valid and trust me, I'm as thick skinned as they come. I have 20 years in the marine industry and have dealt with "this is better - that is better" opinions and discussions every step of the way.

Also, curious where you see a 93SV with UHD for $1,100? Links and pricing below from The GPS Store...sort of looks like $1,549.99, but I could be mistaken

https://www.thegpsstore.com/Garmin-E...cer-P5880.aspx
    https://www.thegpsstore.com/Garmin-G...cer-P5542.aspx

Garmin ECHOMAP Plus 93sv with LakeVu G3 Charts and GT52-TM Transducer = $999.99
    Garmin GCV20 UHD Sonar System with Transducer = $519.95

7. Member
    From Garmins website...

https://www.thegpsstore.com/Garmin-G...cer-P5542.aspx
    https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/618945

ECHOMAP™ Plus 93sv With GT52 Transducer = $999.99
    GCV™ 20 Scanning Sonar Black Box with GT34UHD-TM Transducer = $599.99 USD

8. Member
    Jig34, I am sorry if I have made you upset, but I really didn’t mean to and you really don’t need to, do you?

If you go to Garmin GPS board in this forum, you will see the Garmin Echomap 93sv plus (the version with CV52, not GT52 transducer) has been on sale for $599 for a while, such as Cabela’s, Basspro, etcs. UHD is $519 or less.

Customers like me are more price sensitive! I think most of them are the same. While knowing your own products’ PROs, you also need to know their CONs. And eventually the market will tell.

I am an existing Raymarine customer, and I’m not sponsored by any brands by saying “Raymarine, do you hear?”. All I want to express is: IMHO, ELEMENT is NOT properly priced, and with this price tag, most likely it won’t succeed in the competition!

BTW, HB is getting 7” and 9” Mega units, which I believe is to compete with ELEMENT.

No offense, just 2 cents!

9. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BassTracker175 View Post
    Another competitor:

Raymarine Element 9” will sell for $1299, non touch! Seems Garmin Echomap plus 93Sv + UHD ($1100) is a better solution, with the same resolution of touch screen , plus Navionics maps integrated.

Raymarine, do you hear ?
    The Raymarine element also includes Navionics maps at that price.
    The Raymarine stores 5K more point, and 50 more tracks.
    2 years Verse 3 year warranty for Raymarine.

Bass just googled it and I couldn't find it at that price, im sure someone has it for that though. The UHD is 400-600 option from what I have just looked at.

Another thing to check out is the UHD and Garmin are older units so they might be pricing accordingly, where the Element is brand new just released.

10. Member
    I corrected my typo. $1229 is unit and transducer only; with Navionics, $1349.99.

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Legend View Post
    The Raymarine element also includes Navionics maps at that price.
    The Raymarine stores 5K more point, and 50 more tracks.
    2 years Verse 3 year warranty for Raymarine.

Bass just googled it and I couldn't find it at that price, im sure someone has it for that though. The UHD is 400-600 option from what I have just looked at.

Another thing to check out is the UHD and Garmin are older units so they might be pricing accordingly, where the Element is brand new just released.

11. Member
    No offense taken , just a long history of TroyBoy, Royt, DonnieG and others that like to jump on my threads with comments "just trying to learn" and end up hijacking everything.

Some days, I think that Raymarine could save a ton of money by firing all of our product managers and price people - come to BBC and let everyone tell us how to do it FOR FREE then pass the savings on - just kidding...

The nice thing about pricing...if the market tells us it's too high, we can always lower it. Never a good plan to sell out right away and then try and raise it...

Quote Originally Posted by BassTracker175 View Post
    Jig34, I am sorry if I have made you upset, but I really didn’t mean to and you really don’t need to, do you?

If you go to Garmin GPS board in this forum, you will see the Garmin Echomap 93sv plus (the version with CV52, not GT52 transducer) has been on sale for $599 for a while, such as Cabela’s, Basspro, etcs. UHD is $519 or less.

Customers like me are more price sensitive! I think most of them are the same. While knowing your own products’ PROs, you also need to know their CONs. And eventually the market will tell.

I am an existing Raymarine customer, and I’m not sponsored by any brands by saying “Raymarine, do you hear?”. All I want to express is: IMHO, ELEMENT is NOT properly priced, and with this price tag, most likely it won’t succeed in the competition!

BTW, HB is getting 7” and 9” Mega units, which I believe is to compete with ELEMENT.

No offense, just 2 cents!

12. Member
    I think the Element is priced pretty good (as of now).

Mega imaging, 3d, great 2d, and a fast system

13. Member
    I see! It turns out to be a business trick!

Quote Originally Posted by Jig34 View Post

The nice thing about pricing...if the market tells us it's too high, we can always lower it. Never a good plan to sell out right away and then try and raise it...

14. Member
    Business trick or Business 101 common sense - your call...

Quote Originally Posted by Jig34 View Post
    No offense taken , just a long history of TroyBoy, Royt, DonnieG and others that like to jump on my threads with comments "just trying to learn" and end up hijacking everything.

Some days, I think that Raymarine could save a ton of money by firing all of our product managers and price people - come to BBC and let everyone tell us how to do it FOR FREE then pass the savings on - just kidding...

Jig34, could you point out the threads that I have hijacked please? Also, while you are at it how about the threads where I said "nice images"..

It is not my nature to bash anyone or their equipment.. I am not brand loyal..

If you had rather, send a PM

Last edited by DonnieG; 02-11-2019 at 08:30 AM.

USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Anti Submarine Warfare Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

16. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    DonnieG, think you where just in the wrong post at the wrong time.
    All is good, Curt just is busy with the start of the seasons, so all is good..

Im running the Axiom and have run all but the element so id yall have any questions on the units post up, or check the Ray forum on the website.

17. Member
    I do owe you an apology. There was a post or string a while back and I read into it that you and RoyT were trolling. Roy likes to ask the same questions over and over and over...

Sorry for dragging you into it.

Quote Originally Posted by DonnieG View Post
    Jig34, could you point out the threads that I have hijacked please? Also, while you are at it how about the threads where I said "nice images"..

It is not my nature to bash anyone or their equipment.. I am not brand loyal..

If you had rather, send a PM

As Hickory Legend said, "all is good"....Sorry you got upset but I can assure you that Roy is not a troll. Roy and I live about 150 miles apart but do get to fish together some..He really likes to see images from all manufactures as I do..We don't run the same units & are constantly sharing our on images.......Maybe we got a little carried away..We certainly didn't mean to bash anyone. My images are not as good as his or others but I have thick skin..

"ALL IS GOOD"

USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Anti Submarine Warfare Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

20. Member
    I put the 1st GEN Axiom on my boat when they became available and was presently surprised at the speed of the processor, the build quality and the solid feel of the unit and connectors. The 2D was very good , 3D was impressive but the side and down vision were lacking in clarity and palette color choices. From watching the changes to the Axiom Pro and now the new Element series coming out, I think they improved in every area.

I hate to see the folks at Raymarine and their supporters have to defend themselves on these posts for a new product when it isn't even in the market yet. Let's give them a fair shake. IF the images that I've seen posted from the new element are accurate, I would say the element series will have great success. In addition, I think their price point is right in line with what's out there.

Almost time for VACATION....C'ya

Brian

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast