Thread: Element

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Prices just got raised

Come on, Raymarine. Why even advertise a msrp if it just gonna go up before being released????

2. Member
    Raised to what?

3. Member
    the 7" has been at $799 since announced. Checked yesterday, now at $839

its not the increase that bothers me as much as it is the inconsistency of it. Why list an initial price if it couldnt be maintained. Humminbird stuck with their initial prices on their new units.

4. Member
    Checked where?

I’m looking at the website right now and there isn’t a 7” unit listed for $839??? Also, there are 8 bundled versions of the 7” from $679-949. I was in the very first retailer meeting for Element and with Navionics and HV transducer has been $949 from day 1.

Curious where you are looking and getting your information.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Brody View Post

its not the increase that bothers me as much as it is the inconsistency of it. Why list an initial price if it couldnt be maintained. Humminbird stuck with their initial prices on their new units.
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Member
    Checked where?

I’m looking at the website right now and there isn’t a 7” unit listed for $839??? Also, there are 8 bundled versions of the 7” from $679-949. I was in the very first retailer meeting for Element and with Navionics and HV transducer has been $949 from day 1.

Curious where you are looking and getting your information.

6. Member
    Now today its at $829

Im only considering one model.....E70532-05. Thursday it was $799. Raymarine's website.

7. Member
    E70532-05 Element 7 HV - 7.0" MFD with HV-100 All-in-one transom mount transducer $829.99

8. Member
    I’m confused...Chief said it was $799, then $839, now $829???

All I see is $829.99 without Navionics and $949.99 with Navionics.

Again, same prices since the first customer meeting I sat in on about 8 months ago.

Prices are not jumping all over the place and are already on the street in many catalogs. Raymarine has a big enough up hilll battle on BBC the way it i without comments like these.

9. Member
    It’s kind of a shame that these aren’t networkable. For an $800 7” unit I would think you’d be able to link two units to share waypoints. Raymarine makes very nice units but for the money I can’t justify these when I can get more for the money with the Helix. These would definitely be of high consideration for my next units if they had the networking capabilities

10. Member
    jig, i'm probably one of Raymarine's biggest fans on bbc but that doesnt mean im not going to criticize something I dont like. I want Raymarine to succeed so they keep building stuff like the new Element. Ive been waiting for its official release so i can pull the trigger on buying it.

But.......they do some odd things once in awhile that make me scratch my head and wonder what theyre thinking.
    Last edited by Chief Brody; 01-19-2019 at 04:57 PM.

11. Member
    Me too! We want Raymarine to be successful as more competition in the market is good for customers.

jig, i'm probably one of Raymarine's biggest fans on bbc but that doesnt mean im not going to criticize something I dont like. I want Raymarine to succeed so they keep building stuff like the new Element. Ive been waiting for its official release so i can pull the trigger on buying it.

But.......they do some odd things once in awhile that make me scratch my head and wonder theyre thinking.

12. Member
    I guess he refers to the price in Europe, that is around 795 UK $.

Quote Originally Posted by Jig34 View Post
    I’m confused...Chief said it was $799, then $839, now $829???

All I see is $829.99 without Navionics and $949.99 with Navionics.

Again, same prices since the first customer meeting I sat in on about 8 months ago.

Prices are not jumping all over the place and are already on the street in many catalogs. Raymarine has a big enough up hilll battle on BBC the way it i without comments like these.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    It’s kind of a shame that these aren’t networkable. For an $800 7” unit I would think you’d be able to link two units to share waypoints. Raymarine makes very nice units but for the money I can’t justify these when I can get more for the money with the Helix. These would definitely be of high consideration for my next units if they had the networking capabilities
    I dont need networking, so in my case the Element presents better value than the Helix.

Interested in how the overlayed Hypervision 3D is going to turn out

14. Member
    I hear you and not looking to argue. I just haven’t seen the pricing you’re referring to and trying to figure out what’s going on.

I know we are working on the website. Maybe had a glitch while updating the site???

But.......they do some odd things once in awhile that make me scratch my head and wonder what theyre thinking.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassTracker175 View Post
    What alternatives do you suggest please? Thanks
    Sent you some PMs

16. Member
    Let me answer myself here! Here are some alternatives or competitors:

(1) lowrance Ti2 7”, $745

A. touch screen,
    B. wireless networking allows you to share sonar, waypoints, and route data wirelessly between Elite Ti2 displays, removing the need to run cable.
    C. SmartSteer control for Xi5 Trolling Motor
    D. With sun cover etc.

(2) HB Helix 7 G3, mega SI, $699

A. Full range CHIRP (150-220 kHz) with Low Q CHIRP transducer
    B. Con: Losing bottom tracking
    C. Con: no link to its own TM
    D. With sun cover etc.

(3) HB Helix 7 G3N,mega SI, $799

A. Full range CHIRP (150-220 kHz) with Low Q CHIRP transducer
    B. Con: Losing bottom tracking
    C. Link to its own TM
    D. With sun cover etc.

Raymarine, please include a sun cover!

Quote Originally Posted by BassTracker175 View Post
    What alternatives do you suggest please? Thanks
    Last edited by BassTracker175; 01-20-2019 at 04:22 PM.

17. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    I have ran lowrance.
    ill take the non networking and 3 year warranty, over lowrance and their one year!!

18. Member
    So maybe this is way too early to ask since the Element hasn’t been released yet. Would it be possible for these units to be wirelessly linked at some point? I see Lowrance has this in their Elite Ti2 units, though I don’t own Lowrance units and have no idea how it works. I realize that this isn’t Raymarine’s bread and butter when they outfit offshore boats with electronics that cost more than my truck or boat. I’m not in the market right now but I like to keep my options open with all of the brands.

19. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Would be able to update the operating system down the road. It has WiFi and blue tooth. It also has SeaTalkng.
    So I would think it is possible.

20. Member
    Can it Stream live sonar data to your smartphone with Raymarine's Wi-Fish mobile app?

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Legend View Post
    Would be able to update the operating system down the road. It has WiFi and blue tooth. It also has SeaTalkng.
    So I would think it is possible.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast