Question regarding the Triton cover and an Ultrex

I am mounting an Ultrex with the 45 inch shaft on my 2017 21 TRX. My question is will the factory cover still work or do I have to move it modified? Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    Your cover will,need to be modified to fit your new trolling motor.

3. BBC SPONSOR
    Will definitely have to be modified , a lot of guys are struggling with same issue. No other way to resolve.
    Randy Carter
    Customer Service Manager
    Angler's Choice Marine
    276-632-5600
    www.anglerschoicemarine.com

4. Member
    I have an 52” ultrex on a 21x and mine fits perfectly. 04 model

5. Banned
    My 17 22trx came with a MG, when I swapped out to an ulterex it wouldn’t fit. My 18 came with an ultrex and the cover that came with it fits. I think they make two different covers depending on what TM you order on the boat.

6. Member
    I went from a fortrex to a ultrex and found if I buckle the port side first I can get it to fit . It is very close to not fitting .
    2B230671

7. Member
    Thank you everyone for the responses. I called and learned Triton does make two different covers depending what trolling motor you have. I think I am going to take my cover to an upholstery shop and see if the can sew in a pocket for my new TM. Way cheaper than a new cover.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bks167 View Post
    Thank you everyone for the responses. I called and learned Triton does make two different covers depending what trolling motor you have. I think I am going to take my cover to an upholstery shop and see if the can sew in a pocket for my new TM. Way cheaper than a new cover.
    I thought that was right, they sent the wrong cover on my 14 model and it rubbed the gel coat of the bottom of my boat, they admitted the mistake and fixed it under warranty no questions asked.

9. Member
    I have a 2016 21TRX that came with a Fortrex and custom Triton cover. I swapped out the Fortrex with an Ultrex and the cover still fits fine.