SI imaging question

Hey guys, this is probably a dumb question but I have a issue I’m hoping there is an easy solution to. I have a helix 9 mega with SI. I see structure on the side but I quickly lose it and it takes me time to relocate it. Is there an easy trick to this ?

2. Member
    When you see the structure on the screen press one of the direction arrow keys.... this will freeze the screen. Then you can continue to arrow over and move the round cross hair cursor over to the object on the screen and mark a waypoint. Next look on your map screen and drive back over the newly marked waypoint.
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

3. Member
    That makes perfect sense. Are there any tips for making the side images more clear? I can see the stuff but it’s not very clear.

4. Member
    Reduce the range of your side image to make objects clearer. I generally scan 60 to 70 feet per side with my 10 or 12 inch unit to get a real clear image of stuff!!!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mctyndall View Post
    That makes perfect sense. Are there any tips for making the side images more clear? I can see the stuff but it’s not very clear.
    Post some screen shots of what you are seeing and add a pic of where your transducer is mounted. We can help more if we have more to work with like that info.
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

6. Member
    X2 on needing pictures.

7. Member
    Drive straight and at a consistent speed. Had your scroll setting to match close to your boat mph.