Thread: Sales figures

Sales figures

Lowrance claims someone bought a Hook2 every 2 minutes last year. According to my math that 's 262,800 units. Sounds a bit fishy to me.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

2. Member
    Little hard to believe.
    Thats 720 per day. Cannot believe they can produce that many along with all the other models.

3. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    China can produce millions if needed

4. Member
    Any one else remember ? When you could actually believe something you seen in print. Alas that day has come and gone.
    Helix Mega 10 SI G2N , ILink
    Garmin 1040 XS / Garmin 1242 xsv with Panoptix Down VU PS 30 W/ GCV 10 networked with PS 31. Boat Rig

Echomap Ultra 106 SV with Livescope 12 . Ice Rig

5. Member
    I wonder if they used initial sales and then averaged that number out.

I could believe they sold a bunch in the beginning, but then it tapered off quickly

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hays47 View Post
    Any one else remember ? When you could actually believe something you seen in print. Alas that day has come and gone.
    If, indeed, it ever existed. More 'fact-checkers' today, for sure.
    Do not take your half in the middle ....

7. Member
    Every hook product I have used has been awful, I feel bad for the 262,800 people then

8. Member
    Across all size versions for the Hook2? Yeah I could buy that, especially if they're factoring in all of the 4" $99 units that were sold at Wal-Marts to guys looking for the cheapest they could get in their boats, or to Kayak buyers (seemed like everyone was buying a kayak last year). Plus figure in all of the smaller tin boats that came with 1-2 3" or 4" models from the factory.

Makes more sense if they're simply quoting their sales figures to distributors and OEM's - not end user sales.

9. Member
    And are they considering world wide? If world wide then not so many.

10. Member
    Just looked it up - Walmart has 3,561 supercenters in 2018. If each of those sells 12 units a year - one a month - that's north of 40,000 units just by that one retailer. Throw in Cabelas, Academy, Dicks, BPS, Menards etc - and that's just the brick and mortar retail sales side of the business.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    Lowrance claims someone bought a Hook2 every 2 minutes last year. According to my math that 's 262,800 units. Sounds a bit fishy to me.
    Actually, it's not too hard to believe. The Hook series is by far the biggest seller in the Lowrance lineup. Brian

12. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Funny how Walmart can sell 1 gun a day at every store that’s more guns sold in one day than by and mom and pop store almost all year .When you look at the buying and selling power of big stores it’s staggering how much they do sell.

13. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Funny how Walmart can sell 1 gun a day at every store that’s more guns sold in one day than by and mom and pop store almost all year .When you look at the buying and selling power of big stores it’s staggering how much they do sell.

Not hard to believe considering how many are buying more than one and everyone has to have the latest and greatest
    "I see dead people"

15. Member
    Think about all the boats fishing and recreational that come equipped with them. That’s a lot of boats.

16. Member
    I got one for my kayak. It isn't that bad, but I'm saving up for an Echomap Plus 93sv and PLS system!