Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Duaned View Post
    Nice! So who’s testing the 2nd gen Livecope? Oh yeah... can’t say ��
    I've been using it for about 3 months. Absolutely Unbelievable!!! The transducer is a 4 inch pod. 360 degree view, surface to bottom with 200 ft effective range. Only compatible with the new 8600's. Cables use all the ports on the back. Just kidding. Fake news.

Ok. I can go fishing now. It's warmed up and I'm not sure I want to read the responses to this post.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

2. Member
    Damn LW, scared me for a minute!

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

3. Member
    so is there any word yet on black box option to run this on lower end units?

4. Member
    So I'm looking to buy a 106sv ultra. This unit accepts the lvs12. I am strictly a bass fisherman. Would I benefit to buy the lvs32 with black box or is it overkill. I don't want

5. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Now i dont have the LVS32 but i wouldn't call it overkill.......
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siding1 View Post
    Would I benefit to buy the lvs32 with black box or is it overkill.
    If you've ever used the LVS32 you cannot be satisfied with the LVS12.

I have to guess as to Garmin's logic in offering the LVS12. The only thing I can figure is that it has something to do with the price points of all this stuff. We did see that when the Plus 93sv's went on sale for $599. All of a sudden $599 for the unit + $1499 for the LVS32 system was reachable for a ton of anglers. Apparently more than Garmin expected since the LV32 systems were sold out and couldn't be found for weeks. I really can't see getting one of the bigger Plus units or one of the 86xx units and pairing it with the LVS12. But then, that could be where that price point of the LVS32 breaks the bank and your only choice is the LVS12. If it was me making the decision I would go the other way. #1 get the LVS32. #2 get the unit I could afford to run it.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    Now i dont have the LVS32 but i wouldn't call it overkill.......
    WOW! A real surprise. All this time I thought you had networked 93sv's and LVS32.

8. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    WOW! A real surprise. All this time I thought you had networked 93sv's and LVS32.
    Unfortunately i don't have LS right now.....i have the PS 22....i'm saving my coins right now to get the new Ultra 12 when its released.....BUT i do plan on getting the LS at the end of the year......

I have the LVS12 with an 8610xsv. Since I never had the LVS32, I can't compare them. If you're going to be using forward imaging more than down imaging, the LVS32 has to be better. Anything deeper than 12 feet and LS forward is tough. The livescope down with the LVS12 works fine for me. I like finding them deep, sitting on top and watching them eat. I don't need a wider beam. Plus I like the fact that I can switch views with a touch of the screen and not mess with the transducer.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    If you've ever used the LVS32 you cannot be satisfied with the LVS12.

I have to guess as to Garmin's logic in offering the LVS12. The only thing I can figure is that it has something to do with the price points of all this stuff. We did see that when the Plus 93sv's went on sale for $599. All of a sudden $599 for the unit + $1499 for the LVS32 system was reachable for a ton of anglers. Apparently more than Garmin expected since the LV32 systems were sold out and couldn't be found for weeks. I really can't see getting one of the bigger Plus units or one of the 86xx units and pairing it with the LVS12. But then, that could be where that price point of the LVS32 breaks the bank and your only choice is the LVS12. If it was me making the decision I would go the other way. #1 get the LVS32. #2 get the unit I could afford to run it.
    Leonard, I chose to go with the Ultra 10/lvs12 combo because it made more sense to me to spend the largest chunk of cash on the unit itself instead of the transducer. The Ultra included the 54 UHD, which the EC+ 9 couldnt run. A big plus to me. The lvs12 saved me the money to have this combo. I also still have a ps21, which i factored in to the decision.

The Ultra w/54 has exceeded my expectations. Its a fantastic unit. The lvs12, well, that missing sector does hold me back a bit. But I just scored a nice pike on downvu that was sitting on the bottom at 38fow. I doubt my ps21 would have seen it. The biggest drawback of that missing sector that ive run in to so far is when a fish is spotted on downvu then begins to move off. I lose sight of it. But im not regretting the choice. Its a formidable combo at a good price.

11. Member
    These Ultra units are really impressive. I'm not running any because they won't mix with the GPSMAP units, but if you start with them or the Plus units you can put together a terrific system. Keep up informed on the LVS12.

12. Member
    thought this was an interesting shot. while sidevu was telling me i just climbed out of a hole, frontvu was telling me im going back down
    Attached Images Attached Images

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Brody View Post
    thought this was an interesting shot. while sidevu was telling me i just climbed out of a hole, frontvu was telling me im going back down
    Looks like it might be a hump. Leading edge of sidevu looks like it is just starting to slope down. Other explanation is livescope is backwards :)

14. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxfisher View Post
    Looks like it might be a hump. Leading edge of sidevu looks like it is just starting to slope down.
    That was my first thought of exactly......

The sidevu is giving you what directly below while the LVS12 is shooting ahead of what the transducer cant see.

15. Member
    B44D74A5-DCCE-4D50-AC73-193D1E62E4B0.jpeg
    aB44D74A5-DCCE-4D50-AC73-193D1E62E4B0 (2).jpeg

Crude attempt with a crop,flip and paste but my interpretation of what the SI would have looked like in a minute or two into the future from the screen shot you provided.

16. Member
    Exactly.

That combo worked well for following depth contours, except for the unavoidable deep holes when crossing the lake.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123