Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MDBASSNPRO View Post
    Ok..I was hoping this would make decision easier.......looks like more options which can be good
    lvs12 - looks like wider beam (30 degrees) vs lvs32 (20) which would appear good for searchability left to right
    lvs12 - but only 30 degrees front to back compared to lvs32 (130)
    needs a black box (tbd which one?? Or is model and cost known?)
    does work with echo+ but needs box just like lvs32 which comes packaged already
    to me this feels like the ps21 vs ps31 original positioning with an added box or higher end unit for the extra resolution.
    overall the positioning makes sense and is probably to match positioning price point of Lowrance version (upcoming ) which is for their higher end units
    maybe someone can do the math for Echo+ users when compared with the Garmin comparable size screeen 8 series
    Just for new 8600 units. Doesn't work with earlier units.
    Makes the decision real simple for everybody else.
    Just like the webpage says "Economical Option".
    Economical after you spend the money for the new 8600.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

2. Member
    Maybe 145+30 close to 180 , 180 degrees full coverage of water from bow to transom.

3. Member
    How come? Are you a garmin pro or the like? You kept the secret tight!

Now I see, you are close to Garmin’s USA headquarter in Kansas!

Quote Originally Posted by ring fry View Post
    I've had it for awhile. If I hadn't had the LVS32 for a year now I would be really excited about it. It has is applications. Still 20* of view side to side. The 30* vertical or front to back works great for LiveScope down. The resolution is great. I've been running the LVS32 on my 1042 and the LVS12 (down) on my 8610. It's a pretty good combination that covers a lot of water.

SE Kansas grass grower
    Last edited by BassTracker175; 01-09-2019 at 07:47 AM.

4. Member
    Still cheaper to buy the Livescope with the Black Box and a Echomap 93sv Plus. Maybe this will lower the prices of 8600 series in time. I have read it doesnt do both down and front at the same time, its one or the other (unsure of the truth to this). But Yes its a cheaper option for those that buy the 8600 series. Garmin continues to move further ahead. Now spend a little more time getting the SI close to Humminbird and ALL will jump ship :)
    BULLET 20xd * MERCURY 250 PRO XS

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassTracker175 View Post
    How come? Are you a garmin pro or the like? You kept the secret tight!
    Now I see, you are close to Garmin’s USA headquarter in Kansas!
    No secret. We've both disclosed that we test some products for Garmin. What we test----they decide. We're just not allowed to comment on a product until it is released. And most important, after a product is released we can say whatever we want, good or bad.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

6. Member
    ^^^This^^^

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

7. Member
    MMmmm
    Looks very similar to the picture in the Lowrance Livesight down advertisement.

https://splnhub.cbsistatic.com/i/201...47/8707159.png

The first of the cross licensing/ sharing?

Navico, (Lowrance, Simrad and B&G) and Garmin International Inc., announced today that they have ended a three-year-long legal dispute relating to sonar and auto guidance patents. The agreement includes a broad cross licensing of patents and other intellectual property. This agreement will allow both companies to bring new innovations to the market faster and benefit all marine customers.
    http://www.yachtandsea.com/navico-ga...tent-disputes/

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ring fry View Post
    I've had it for awhile. If I hadn't had the LVS32 for a year now I would be really excited about it. It has is applications. Still 20* of view side to side. The 30* vertical or front to back works great for LiveScope down. The resolution is great. I've been running the LVS32 on my 1042 and the LVS12 (down) on my 8610. It's a pretty good combination that covers a lot of water.

SE Kansas grass grower
    2 questions
    Does the LS12 sees down and forward at the same time
    If so is that 30deg down and 30deq forward

Have you tried the LS32 on the 8610 and if so is there a significant advantage with
    with the higher resolution

Thanks

9. Member
    The Garmin website states that the LS12 will be available in 1-3 days.
    Since it is only compatible with the 8600 series, does that mean the 8600's will also available in that same timeframe?

Web site says that Garmin will email you when the 8600's are available.
    ><((((º>`·._ .·´¯><((((º>`·. _ .·´¯·. ><((((º>

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter 1 View Post
    Does the LS12 sees down and forward at the same time
    Yes
    If so is that 30deg down and 30deq forward
    30 down is 15 on each side of vertical. 30 Forward is from the surface
    Have you tried the LS32 on the 8610 and if so is there a significant advantage with with the higher resolution
    Ring Fry can answer for that.

Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    It say 8 series only which are high dollar units
    The 8 series is not that expensive. It’s a top end unit.

12. Member
    Have you tried the LS32 on the 8610 and if so is there a significant advantage with with the higher resolution

I've had the LVS32 on both the 8610 and the 1042. There is some difference with the higher resolution but where I've noticed it the most is with the UHD34 (Ultra High Definition) transducer. I don't fish deep water (30' max) so there might be more separation between the two at deeper depths.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

13. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Kinda like your tv is 1080 but the channel is 480 that’s all the tv will show ,unless your input is a hd source your not getting hd on the tv.Sure it’s better to have a 1080 resolution but it could be over kill if all you watch is non hd stuff.It seems they have to go to a bigger pix count as the screen gets bigger maybe just by nature it loses pix count ,9 inch takes less pix to fill the screen than a 12 .

14. Member
    Great point and often overlooked. The Zoom or magnification only works as good as the data detail being provided.

15. Member
    Kinda like your tv is 1080 but the channel is 480 that’s all the tv will show ,unless your input is a hd source your not getting hd on the tv.Sure it’s better to have a 1080 resolution but it could be over kill if all you watch is non hd stuff.It seems they have to go to a bigger pix count as the screen gets bigger maybe just by nature it loses pix count ,9 inch takes less pix to fill the screen than a 12 .
    I agree with the above until you start comparing equal screen sizes
    Not sure what the numbers are but the 8610 resolution it’s way higher than the 1042
    Thats 10” to 10”

And yes the screen can only show what the input produces

Now I guess the question is do the LVS transducers produce images that
    can utilize the higher resolution?

1920 x 1200 pixels for the 8610

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/624884#specs
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

17. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    I would say that the lvs of today is a lower definition and the next generation will be better and than better nobody puts their best product out first.

18. Member
    I would say that the lvs of today is a lower definition and the next generation will be better and than better nobody puts their best product out first.
    Nice! So who’s testing the 2nd gen Livecope? Oh yeah... can’t say ��

19. Member
    With regard to Panoptix I disagree somewhat. First was the PS30 and PS31. Next came the PS21 and PS22, cheaper versions of the PS30 and PS31. Same resolution.

Now comes LiveScope. First is LVS32. It's the bigger, better and more expensive. Now comes the LVS12, same resolution capability but scaled back in terms of cone of coverage and cheaper.

So you are correct generationally, that LiveScope is better than Panoptix but within those lines the more capable ones were introduced first and then a cheaper version.

20. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    You know someone is testing it’s kinda like my pos tv 1996 2000 bucks for a 480 with a cabinet and now my 50 is 300 ultra hd smart tv boy the money I have spent on tvs.I guess they both work fine sorta the same thing with scope works great but it will get better in 10 years.
    Another thing that has changed is the ultra sound in 1996 it was bad now it’s perfect

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast