Restoring 1999 skeeter zx202

Hey folks, about to start restoring my skeeter, gonna need seats and carpet, any recommendations would be awesome on where to go. Getting some gel coat fixed at the moment then having it buffed and cleaned up. Would like to have the seats and carpet ready to go in when I get it back. Thank you!

2. Member
    I had the seats reupholstered at a shop but would also consider seats from Bassboatseats.com that is where I purchased the carpet and padding.

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    do yourself a favor and dont get your carpet from Bassboatseats.com Look up syntec carpet on the internet, best carpet out there and used by the major manufactures.( including BASSCAT) as far as seats theres are fair... however if you want real good seats look at llebrock.com

4. Member
    I have used Bassboatseats.com, they look nice. I always recommend a local seat reupholster, nothing fits better than original seats, Bassboatseats can sometimes have difficulty satisfying dimensions of a boat including seat back angles.

Forgot to mention, it keeps a local tradesman in business.
    Last edited by billnorman1; 01-09-2019 at 02:13 PM.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    do yourself a favor and dont get your carpet from Bassboatseats.com Look up syntec carpet on the internet, best carpet out there and used by the major manufactures.( including BASSCAT) as far as seats theres are fair... however if you want real good seats look at llebrock.com
    Major quality improvement over bassboatseats.com. I second these recommendations

6. Member
    I found a gentleman near me that said he would upholster my seats back to factory (including logos and stitching) for 525..... which sounds more than fair after being hit for 2500 from another shop.... without the logo and stitching..... 800 from another, and finally found the last one.

Carpet I'll look into the Syntec, I'm not too worried about padding at the moment, I'm hoping to stick with the maroon/red carpet that originally came with the boat so everything will still somewhat match up.

Working on getting some gelcoat and the cowling/mid section fixed at the moment.... Does anyone happen to have the color code for the Yamaha black on the cowlings and lower units? or the yamaha grey on the midsection?

7. Member
    You ever find paint codes for the yamaha cowling and mid/lower?

Quote Originally Posted by rjcamel2355 View Post
    I found a gentleman near me that said he would upholster my seats back to factory (including logos and stitching) for 525..... which sounds more than fair after being hit for 2500 from another shop.... without the logo and stitching..... 800 from another, and finally found the last one.

Carpet I'll look into the Syntec, I'm not too worried about padding at the moment, I'm hoping to stick with the maroon/red carpet that originally came with the boat so everything will still somewhat match up.

Working on getting some gelcoat and the cowling/mid section fixed at the moment.... Does anyone happen to have the color code for the Yamaha black on the cowlings and lower units? or the yamaha grey on the midsection?
    2006 Stratos 200 Pro XL

Seats from llebroc, carpet from ranger and polishing supplies from pro tec. Almost done
    ...Greg

9. Member
    To order ranger carpet 1800 724 7273

$525 is a good price if it’s a reputable shop !! As far as the Yamaha paint...I just get my local NAPA to take there machine and shoot the colors I need matched and they mix it.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

11. Member
    Hey folks, about to start restoring my skeeter, gonna need seats and carpet, any recommendations would be awesome on where to go. Getting some gel coat fixed at the moment then having it buffed and cleaned up. Would like to have the seats and carpet ready to go in when I get it back. Thank you!
    Great project...Would love to see some pics of what you're doing if you can post them...thanks
    2002 Skeeter ZX200
    2018 200SHO

12. Member
    I just got finished restoring a 2001 zx190. I used carpet from Skeeter. I put in seats from bass boat seats .com. It looks very good. I LL try to post some pics.

13. Member

14. Member
    That looks awesome

15. Member
    Hey Brian....great job, looks like a new boat...
    2002 Skeeter ZX200
    2018 200SHO

16. Member
    I am in the process of recarpeting my 2001 SX 180 right now. It's in the fiberglass shop getting the rotten floor replaced with composite material and glass. I called Skeeter and they say that original was 25oz carpet which you can order through their dealers. I also ordered some of the closed cell foam they use on the underside of their lids to redo that as well. According to Skeeter tech I can use the same foam under the carpet which I am considering. Contact your local Skeeter dealer for pricing.

I checked on install and everyone quoted between $1000 - $1600 and that was me providing the carpet and having everything cleaned ready to cut, glue, and lay. Needless to say I will be ordering the adhesive I am choosing to use, a spray gun, masking tape, and plastic.
    Last edited by katjim00; 01-09-2020 at 03:02 PM.