Thread: Lake Seminole

Lake Seminole

Headed to Lake Seminole on Friday. Will be driving over from Florala, Alabama near Andalusia. What is the best boat launch to use on either the west or southern end of the lake?

Sneads Park. It's just up from the dam.
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight

3. Member
    I heard Sneads park is closed because it's still being used for parking area for FEMA workers.. If anyone knows otherwise please let me know

Quote Originally Posted by VictorM. View Post
    I heard Sneads park is closed because it's still being used for parking area for FEMA workers.. If anyone knows otherwise please let me know
    The last time I was there the FEMA workers were all at the top of the hill nowhere close to the boat ramp.
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight

5. Member
    Be careful on Lake Seminole! It is still "recovering" from the hurricane. Watch for floating logs and just because you are in a boat lane doesn't mean you are safe. I have drug 3-4 stumps/logs out from the middle of different boat lanes since I started fishing it again in December. There are some places where the logs are too big to move, and the stump is only a few inches above the surface... Anyways, just be careful!

6. Member
    Is the Wingates lodge open for business?

Quote Originally Posted by ncan View Post
    Is the Wingates lodge open for business?
    Just barely.