Waterfowl "club" members

I have a small farm in Western Nebraska. We in the heart of the flyway...Ducks and geese by the thousands. I love to go along with my buddies and hunt them but wouldn't consider myself a "waterfowl Hunter". I put in a 8x8x16 two level 5 man pit last year. I had a dozer come in and push up a levee. I drill the casing for the well last year as well. This year I am going to do some more dirt work and have the pump installed as well.
    So while sitting in my tree stand deer hunting (which is my thing) I was trying to figure out how to let 3-4 guys in at say $1500 each to hunt/use the farm. They can use all the decoys, pit/blinds, etc. I would rather not involve the house as it would mean then I have to work around someone else being there when I wanna go deer hunt. If they are there waterfowl hunting it's not going to bother me. So I think just lease the hunting.
    So here's my question and goal. How would a guy structure this? Basically you are giving them a spot and equipment to hunt with. They would be required to do a work day or two every year along with daily chores like taking out their trash, cleanup etc.
    The goal is to the take the money from these guys and put it back into the farm in some fashion, the projects it is spent on would be up to them. I wouldn't get any of the money personally. But I'd really the benfits in the end.
    So give me some ideas!!
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

I love to duck hunt, but ain't no way I'm paying $1500 to go shoot some birds for a couple months.

Other than that, I think it's a pretty good idea.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

3. BBC SPONSOR
    I would see what a field in your area is leasing for, talk to some other farmers. Then just advertise your field for lease. Field like that is 6 to 10k a year in Arkansas. Lease the field and let them figure out how many guys they want in on it. You need to provide water for field, I would put my decoys up, leasers are hard on decoys!

Quote Originally Posted by Meadows View Post
    I love to duck hunt, but ain't no way I'm paying $1500 to go shoot some birds for a couple months.

Other than that, I think it's a pretty good idea.
    But others will and that' really not that much considering I've seen one day hunts that approach that.

As was stated, do some research on what similar places are going for. I'd put a price on the lease in whole, along with requirements for membership and let them decide how many guys hunt it. I guess you could put a limit on the number of guys because in the end it is your land but I would not say "5 spots for $1500 each" if the intent is to let any random 5 guys hunt it. I don't hunt with people I don't. I would not let them use my equipment because it will be damaged or at the very least suffer wear and tear. And, do you want to still hunt it? If I'm paying to lease land to hunt I want total control over who hunts it and I want the at writing. If I paid you money to hunt and show up on Saturday to find you've been hunting it all week and "boy you shoulda been here during the week, we shot the lights out" I'd be pissed. Thanks, you ran them off and I pissed away a bunch of money. I might enter into a situation like that but for much, much less than what you stated. Also, has this set up actually been hunted to to confirm that it will draw in birds or are you just now building it? Some way to show you have birds will help in getting takers.

There is a lot to consider when you take someone money for a service. What they want/expect, what you want/expect and some balance between the two. The odds of you taking some money so "you boys can come hunt" ending well are slim unless they are already close friends.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

5. Member
    You need to also think about insurance in the event someone ends up hurt on your property.
    Phillip "Wade" Norris
    2015 Ranger Z520C
    250 Merc Optimax Pro XS (S# 2B113454)
    25P Fury - 4 blade all holes open

Unless you really need the money, I wouldn't let people on my property unless they were close friends.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

7. Member
    The going rate of pit rental in the area is $40-$100 per gun per day. The one farmer that I deer hunt on (for free) has two pits $40/day or $800 per season per gun. He provides a couple dozen decoys and the propane. My spot will be a a bit unique in that I can have open water no matter what the weather as I have a well.
    I don't want the house as part of it because that would mean I would have to work around other people if I wanna go up an deer hunt. They would be using the pit the blind on the creek and the decoys that are on site.
    Good idea on the insurance I'll have to look into that part.The other problem I could have is I have permission to hunt on all the neighbors farms and I am affraid if I bring new people around they will knock on doors and either get permission or name drop me enough to piss them off.
    Still thinking about it.
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

Around here it is about 7-10,000 a year for a 4-6 man lease. That is only providing the pit and water. No decoys or anything else.

$1500 is too cheap. Especially if you’ve done the work. We paid $2500 each for six to hunt a lease in Arkansas. Some times it was good sometimes not. We had use of a house full of mice and bugs.
    You can lead a horticulture,
    but you can't make her think.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Babe Winkleworm View Post
    The other problem I could have is I have permission to hunt on all the neighbors farms and I am affraid if I bring new people around they will knock on doors and either get permission or name drop me enough to piss them off.
    Still thinking about it.
    That right there would be enough for me NOT to lease out the land.